Suing for a Roundup Cancer Diagnosis
Manufacturers have a legal duty to make and distribute products that are safe for human use. In case of potential health risks, the manufacturer should provide a sufficient warning to users. When failing to do so, the company could be held liable for any harm, illness, or injuries suffered after using the product, whether this occurs immediately or due to long-term exposure.
If you’ve recently been diagnosed with non-Hodgkin lymphoma or other related health complications and have been using Roundup, you might be entitled to receive compensation for all the harm caused by this toxic product. Start by discussing your case with a local personal injury attorney to understand your rights and determine whether you can sue the manufacturer.
Roundup Cancer Diagnosis Lawsuits
Roundup is a weed killer brand popular among homeowners, landscapers, gardeners, agricultural workers, and farmers in the U.S. In the past few years, hundreds of plaintiffs have filed lawsuits against the manufacturing company Monsanto (now Bayers since 2018) claiming that their use of Roundup exposed them to health risks, including non-Hodgkin lymphoma and leukemia.
Glyphosate, an active product in this weed killer, has been identified as a probable carcinogen to human beings. While the company has denied these allegations on all fronts, it has still been forced to pay billions of dollars in settlements.
Don’t let such organizations’ press statements hinder you from seeking justice for you or your loved one. Contact an attorney as soon as you learn of the diagnosis to start building a case as early as possible. Having legal support will also make it easier to navigate some of the hurdles you can expect in such a lawsuit.
What Do I Need to Sue for a Roundup Cancer Diagnosis?
- An Accurate Diagnosis – Being diagnosed with an illness that’s likely caused by Roundup is the basis of such lawsuits. Without a proper diagnosis, the company’s insurance company might have grounds to dismiss your claim or argue that their product did not cause your condition.
- Evidence That You Used Roundup – You’ll also need to prove that you’ve been using Roundup and for what purposes, lest the defendant argues that other factors caused your illness. You can present things like receipts, bills, procurement lists when working for a company, and so on.
- Proof of Damages – Besides the diagnosis, you’ll have to show the damages that you’ve suffered due to the disease. Some of these include incurred medical costs, any days you had to take time off work, physical pain, reduced quality of life, and so on.
Partner with a Roundup Cancer Diagnosis Attorney
Roundup cancer diagnosis lawsuits can be lengthy and challenging to handle on your own. The manufacturing company has been appealing most of the lawsuit verdicts reached by courts, including those ruling for a settlement. Here at Craig Swapp & Associates, we are dedicated to holding manufacturers accountable by helping victims of poor product manufacturing find the justice and compensation they deserve.
Call us at 1-800-404-9000 after a Roundup cancer diagnosis to get started with your claim as soon as possible. You can also send a message through our contact form, and an attorney will get back to you.
Awards & Associations:
- Expecting the Unexpected – webinar by Todd Handley
- Montana Car Accident FAQ
- How Is a Personal Injury Settlement Paid Out?
- What Is the Average Payout for a Personal Injury Claim?
- Suing for a Roundup Cancer Diagnosis
- When to File a Defective Drug Lawsuit
- Common Types of Nursing Home Abuse
- Lower Stress in 3 Easy Steps Webinar with Kirk Duncan
- Mass Torts in the U.S.: Things to Know
- Common Causes of Product Liability