Wyoming Medical Malpractice Lawyer
As medical patients, we trust our healthcare practitioners to protect us while we’re in their care. When they make a mistake that causes injuries and damages, call a medical malpractice lawyer in Wyoming.
Not every mistake that a doctor makes can be considered malpractice. But when a healthcare professional commits a negligent act or fails to conform with the accepted standard of care and causes your injuries, you may be entitled to financial compensation.
If you or a loved one has been harmed during a medical procedure or treatment, you have rights. Let a Wyoming medical malpractice lawyer review your case for free.
Common Examples of Medical Malpractice
Whenever you go to a hospital, doctor’s office, or urgent care clinic, the healthcare practitioners who help you are expected to maintain a certain level of care.
When these same medical professionals fail to meet that high level of care due to their negligence or carelessness, the results can be devastating for you or other patients.
Medical malpractice can lead to catastrophic injuries and lifelong consequences.
Examples of the more common types of medical malpractice include:
- Misdiagnosis and failure to diagnosis
- Improper reading of tests or lab results
- Early discharge from care
- Birth injuries
- Surgical errors
- Anesthesia errors
- And many others
In addition to the difficulties from your injury itself, you can suffer many other associated damages. Future medical costs related to your injury from the malpractice can be astronomical in the worst cases, and your family may also suffer from the loss of your income while you’re out of work.
Finally, your emotional damages, such as pain and suffering, must also be taken into account.
As difficult as this moment can be for you and your family, there is still hope in the form of a medical malpractice claim that could compensate you for your various losses and damages.
What Is My Medical Malpractice Claim Worth?
The value of any one medical malpractice claim in particular will always vary. This is because the size of the settlement or jury award you can receive in these types of cases depends on a variety of factors, such as:
- The nature and gravity of your injuries
- The sum of your economic damages
- Considerations for your non-economic damages
- Whether or not your case qualifies for punitive damages
- The success or failure of you or your lawyer to negotiate a higher settlement
Although it’s possible to settle these types of claims out of court, the insurance company representing the hospital or medical professional will usually do all it can to avoid paying you the full and fair settlement you deserve.
For that reason, it’s imperative to call an experienced medical malpractice attorney as soon as possible to give them time to prepare your claim.
Hurt by a Doctor? Follow Up with a Medical Malpractice Lawyer in Wyoming
Has your health been negatively impacted as the result of a healthcare practitioner’s carelessness? Don’t wait—a Wyoming medical malpractice lawyer with Craig Swapp & Associates wants to help you recover a maximum settlement.
To get started now, call 1-800-404-9000 or fill out our contact form.
Awards & Associations:
- Types of Product Liability Claims
- Expecting the Unexpected – webinar by Todd Handley
- Montana Car Accident FAQ
- How Is a Personal Injury Settlement Paid Out?
- What Is the Average Payout for a Personal Injury Claim?
- Suing for a Roundup Cancer Diagnosis
- When to File a Defective Drug Lawsuit
- Common Types of Nursing Home Abuse
- Lower Stress in 3 Easy Steps Webinar with Kirk Duncan
- Mass Torts in the U.S.: Things to Know