Utah Personal Injury Lawyer
When an accident leaves you injured, the damages and losses that result can permanently alter your life. You deserve full compensation for what you’ve been through, and a Utah personal injury lawyer can help you get it.
If you’ve suffered a serious injury in an accident, you’re likely already well aware of how thoroughly it can change your life for the worse. From draining your finances to damaging your quality of life, few life events are as overwhelming and pervasive as a catastrophic injury.
The road to recovery is often long and can be incredibly expensive, resulting in a steady stream of medical bills and making it difficult to work. However, if someone else caused the accident that injured you, it could entitle you to financial compensation to cover your damages and injuries. This usually means going through an insurance company or an opposing attorney, which can make the compensation process nearly as difficult as the recovery process.
Fortunately, Craig Swapp & Associates can bear the brunt of the burden when it comes to handling the legal hurdles. A Utah personal injury lawyer from our office can ensure that you get fairly compensated while focusing on getting your life back to normal.
Any Accident Can Cause a Serious Injury
With few exceptions, nearly any accident that causes a catastrophic injury can qualify you to seek compensation for losses and damages. Every claim starts with a thorough investigation into what happened, so you’ll want a Utah personal injury lawyer on your side who has experience handling claims for a wide variety of different accident types:
- Motor Vehicle Crashes – Accidents involving cars, buses, motorcycles, and 18-wheelers are easily the most common cause of injuries. From drunk driving to cell phone use to dangerous roads, many different parties can be at fault in these situations.
- Defective Products – Cell phone batteries that explode, electric blankets that catch fire, medication that doesn’t work—the examples of products that cause injuries through no fault of the consumer are nearly endless. If this is how your injury was caused, you might have grounds for a product liability case.
- Premises Liability – Every property owner has a legal obligation to maintain safety on his or her grounds. Whether you were attacked by a vicious dog or slipped and fell on a slick surface, if the owner failed to address a problem, you might have a case.
- Construction Accidents – While injured workers often think they have to settle for work comp, if willful negligence, malice, or a third party outside of your employer caused the accident, you might be able to pursue a personal injury claim.
Compensation for a Catastrophic Injury
It’s possible that you’ll receive a settlement offer soon after getting injured. Unfortunately, these initial offers are typically woefully inadequate when it comes to covering all of your losses and damages. The insurer will manage to “overlook” the less obvious damages, such as pain and suffering, and completely ignore future expenses you aren’t even aware of yet. Always remember that their goal is to settle cheaply and for as little as possible.
Your Utah personal injury lawyer will handle the negotiations so that you don’t have to worry about getting taken advantage of in this way. We’ll make certain that you receive compensation for all of your financial losses and any damage done to your quality of life. It’s important to work with your doctor to ensure that all of your medical care is accounted for, and that you don’t just receive compensation for current expenses.
In the end, if your injury has caused a hardship in your life, whether it’s financial or emotional, you should be compensated for it:
- Medical bills for surgeries, treatments, medication, and equipment
- Lost income and wages, as well as reduced future earning ability
- Transportation costs
- Pain and suffering
- Lost companionship
- Lost enjoyment of life
Consult with a Utah Injury Lawyer
If you’ve suffered an injury in an accident, you can’t afford to take risks with your compensation—your future wellbeing depends on it. By working with Craig Swapp & Associates, you’ll benefit from experienced legal representation, a proven track record of success, and substantial legal resources, all of which will be employed to bring your case to the most successful conclusion possible.
Your case starts with a free consultation to go over the details of your accident with a Utah personal injury lawyer. To arrange a time for yours, simply call 1-800-404-9000 or complete the contact form found at the bottom of this page.