Idaho Personal Injury Lawyer
Get the compensation necessary to recover from your accident-related injury by working with an Idaho personal injury lawyer.
Accidents that cause serious injuries come in many different forms. From car accidents to dog bites, if you suffered an injury due to the negligence of another, you have the right to file a personal injury claim seeking compensation for damages. Catastrophic injuries can change your life in ways you never could have imagined, leaving you with long-term and permanent disabilities, lost income, and mountains of debt.
When filing a personal injury claim, your goal is to recover fair and full compensation for all your losses, including non-economic damages for your physical pain, emotional suffering, and how your enjoyment of life has decreased. To understand how personal injury law applies to your case and what your next step should be, an Idaho personal injury lawyer from Craig Swapp & Associates can explain your options in detail and develop a plan to recover the financial settlement you deserve.
We Represent Many Types of Personal Injury Cases
As long as someone else was at fault for your accident, you have the opportunity to file an injury claim against the negligent party. Proving fault can be a difficult task without help from an Idaho personal injury lawyer. To protect your rights, our firm will thoroughly investigate the accident and collect the necessary evidence to build a case against the party responsible.
Examples of some of the personal injury cases we handle on a regular basis include all of the following:
- Motor Vehicle Crashes – If you suffered injuries during a car, truck, bus, motorcycle, or boat accident, you can seek compensation from a negligent party, road contractor, municipality, or vehicle or parts manufacturer.
- Workplace Accidents – Negligent third parties not affiliated with your employer can be held accountable for your on-the-job injury. Contractors, product manufacturers, and property owners can all be negligent in these cases.
- Premises Liability Incidents – If you suffered an injury on another person’s property or place of business, the property owner or business could be responsible. Claims for slip-and-falls, dog bites, and chemical fumes are common premises liability claims.
- Defective Products – If your injury was the result of a malfunctioning or defective product, you can seek compensation from a product manufacturer, distributor, retailer, or advertiser through a product liability claim.
- Fatal Accidents – You can file a wrongful death claim against the negligent person or party who is responsible for causing your family member’s death.
Compensation for Serious Injury Claims
Personal injury laws in Idaho are detailed and complex, particularly when it comes to determining fault and assessing the value of damages. An Idaho personal injury lawyer from our office will carefully evaluate all your losses and determine the amount of compensation you are owed.
Everything from your financial damages to your lost quality of life will be taken into consideration. This process should also take into account your future losses—not just your current and past damages. Some of the damages that should be considered when calculating your claim’s value include the following:
- Any past, present, and future medical expenses related to the accident, including any necessary future procedures, surgeries, therapies, and medical devices
- All lost income and wages, as well as reduced future income-earning ability
- Costs to modify your home to accommodate a disability resulting from the injury
- Reimbursement for any property damage caused by the accident
- Your pain and suffering, emotional distress, lost companionship, and lost enjoyment of life
- Funeral expenses and lost guidance if you lost a loved one
Dealing with the Insurance Company After an Injury
After determining the true value of your claim, your Idaho personal injury lawyer will work aggressively to negotiate a comprehensive settlement with the insurance company that represents the negligent party.
Insurance companies can be difficult to work with because they value their profit margins above all else—including your recovery and wellbeing. Insurers will offer a small financial settlement that might seem generous—knowing very well that you deserve more. We know their tactics and will not let them take advantage of you. We will fight for your right to recover maximum compensation for your injury, damages, and losses.
Contact an Idaho Injury Lawyer
Whether you suffered a broken bone, a traumatic brain injury, or anything else, you can’t risk accepting a settlement that doesn’t cover all of your injury-related needs. To receive full compensation for your serious injury, contact an Idaho personal injury lawyer from Craig Swapp & Associates. Our consultations are free and there is no obligation to proceed past the initial discussion. To learn more, call 1-800-404-9000 or contact us online today through the form below.