Washington Personal Injury Lawyer
Has a catastrophic injury left you with expensive medical bills, lost income, and other damages? Find out how to get compensation from the responsible party by working with a Washington personal injury lawyer.
When someone else’s negligence has left you injured, you shouldn’t be responsible for paying all of the bills and expenses that result. Unfortunately, there’s a very real risk that this is exactly what will happen if you don’t take steps to protect yourself. More often than not, the best way to ensure that you recover full compensation for your damages and losses is to file a personal injury claim against the at-fault party.
Even then, you risk being taken advantage of by an insurer or opposing attorney. Washington State observes comparative negligence, so the other side can avoid financial liability by blaming you for the accident—which they won’t hesitate to do. Even if they do negotiate, they won’t bother with helping you discover all of your losses and damages. Instead, they’ll try to get you to settle for an amount that sounds generous but really isn’t.
You can avoid all of this and still get full compensation by working with a Washington personal injury lawyer from Craig Swapp & Associates. We won’t let you be bullied into a lowball settlement, and we’ll take care of the investigation and negotiations so that you can focus your efforts on making the fullest recovery possible.
Help with Any Type of Accident
Accidents take many forms, but negligence is a common factor in the vast majority of them. This means that no matter how you were hurt, if negligence can be traced back to another party, you might be entitled to seek compensation from them.
Your Washington personal injury lawyer will investigate what caused the accident, who was responsible, and how. By building a powerful case, you‘ll be in a strong position to demand full compensation for your serious injury. These are just a few of the accident types that we work with on a regular basis:
- Traffic Accidents – Crashes involving cars, motorcycles, trucks, buses, and boats are easily the most frequent cause of personal injury claims. While negligence often lies with the other driver, an external third party such as a business or government entity could also be at fault.
- Premises Liability – If a hazard was present on a property you were lawfully visiting—such as a dangerous dog or a broken stairwell—and you were injured because of it, you might have grounds to pursue damages through a premises liability case.
- Product Liability – When manufacturers and retailers sell defective products that cause injuries—even when used as intended—they are liable for what happens.
- Workplace Accidents – Work comp isn’t always the only recourse available for injured workers. If you were intentionally put into danger by your employer or if a third party was responsible, you might have a personal injury case.
- Medical Malpractice – Healthcare providers take an oath to do no harm, and when they break this oath through negligence, malpractice injuries are frequently the result.
Collecting Full Compensation for a Serious Injury
You should never feel pressured to accept what could be an inadequate settlement offer. Even if the insurer or attorney presents the offer as a “take it or leave it” situation, you should always have a Washington personal injury lawyer review it to determine if it covers everything it should.
In the event that it doesn’t, we can negotiate for full compensation. If they fail to present a proper offer, we won’t hesitate to go to trial and fight for your rights—and this possibility is often enough to encourage the other side to take your claim seriously and settle out of court.
The compensation you receive should account for all of the hardships you have experienced because of your injury and accident. Some of your damages will be financial, while others will represent how your quality of life has suffered. Some will be current expenses, and others will be estimated future needs caused by the injury.
Below are some of the damages that might be included in your claim:
- All medical expenses, both current and future
- Lost income, wages, and earning ability
- Transportation costs
- Pain and suffering
- Lost enjoyment of life
- Lost companionship and sexual function
- Disfigurement and emotional distress
Contact a Washington Injury Lawyer
At Craig Swapp & Associates, we won’t accept anything less than full compensation for our clients. We’ll make certain that your rights are full respected and will ensure that you always know what the status of your claim is.
To find out how we can help you resolve your claim, schedule a free consultation with a Washington personal injury lawyer. Just call 1-800-404-9000 or submit your information through the contact form below.