Walla Walla Truck Accident Lawyer
In terms of size, semi-trucks and 18-wheelers rule the road, but that doesn’t mean their drivers shouldn’t be held accountable when they injure you. Get the compensation you need to recover by working with a Walla Walla truck crash lawyer.
All accidents can be traumatic, but an accident involving an 18-wheeler can be much worse because of the incredible damage large vehicles can inflict on smaller ones.
If you have been injured in such a collision, you deserve compensation for your injuries and your lost property. Your damages are likely to be substantial if a commercial truck was involved.
A Walla Walla truck accident lawyer with Craig Swapp & Associates is ready to evaluate your claim to determine the cause of the truck accident and how much compensation you’re owed.
What Caused Your Truck Accident?
To obtain the compensation you deserve, it’s imperative that you and your lawyer determine the cause of your semi-truck accident. Your Walla Walla truck accident attorney will review all the evidence—including police reports, witness statements, photos, and videos—to determine the cause of your crash.
Some common causes of Walla Walla truck accidents include the following:
- Driver Fatigue – Truckers often drive for extended periods of time, which can lead to driver fatigue. If the trucker failed to follow safety regulations regarding resting time, he or she may be at fault for your accident. If the trucking company forced the trucker to drive for too long of a shift, you might be able to name the company in your claim.
- Ignoring Speed Limits – Sometimes, commercial drivers are under tremendous pressure to deliver their loads on time, so they might be tempted to ignore speed limits, becoming a danger to others on the road.
- Failure to Account for Hazardous Weather – Large vehicles are more difficult than other vehicles to control in windy or rainy conditions. This makes them a hazard to other drivers when truckers fail to adjust their driving to match the conditions of the road.
- Unsecured Loads – When a cargo loader is negligent in securing an 18-wheeler’s load, the truck can become a risk to other vehicles. In this case, you might be able to name the cargo loader in your claim.
Walla Walla Truck Accident Compensation
Proving fault in a trucking accident is critical to getting you the settlement you need to pay for your medical expenses and other damages.
More often than not, insurance companies try to make quick settlement offers that don’t cover all of the victim’s damages. Insurers may even purposefully fail to enlighten you about other damages you might be entitled to.
Your Walla Walla truck crash attorney will make sure your claim accounts for all of your damages—even the ones that could arise in the future. Damages for which you might receive compensation include the following:
- Medical care and physical therapy
- Current and future lost wages
- Vehicle damage or replacement
- Mental health care
- Decreased enjoyment of life
- Scarring or disfigurement
Speak with a Walla Walla 18-Wheeler Accident Lawyer
If you were injured in a truck accident and another party was at fault, you deserve to receive fair compensation for the hardships you’ve suffered. And Craig Swapp & Associates can help. We will investigate the cause of your accident and work aggressively to get you the full compensation you deserve.
Call us at 1-800-404-9000 or fill out the form below to schedule a free consultation with a Walla Walla truck accident lawyer.