Tacoma Personal Injury Lawyer
If someone else caused an accident that hurt you, your injuries warrant compensation. To get the help you need, work with a Tacoma injury lawyer.
When you get hurt, your whole life is affected. From being forced to take time off of work to being burdened with costly medical bills, it can be tough to get by. Luckily, in most cases, the law is on your side, which means you have the right to file a claim against the person who caused your serious injury.
This area of the law can be complex, though, which is why our team at Craig Swapp & Associates is here to help. To boost your chance of success with your personal injury claim, team up with a Tacoma personal injury lawyer.
Tacoma Personal Injury Case Types
Unfortunately, injury-causing accidents are a normal part of everyday life. That’s why many victims like you are confused as to whether their circumstances and damages qualify them to take legal action.
There is a significant difference between the everyday, unavoidable accident and a situation in which another person’s negligence led to serious injuries. Understanding what types of personal injury cases are often filed should help you to discern the type of case you have on your hands and understand whether you are eligible to take legal action against the liable party.
Some common examples of serious injury cases in Tacoma include the following:
- Medical Malpractice – When you are placed under the care of a health or medical professional, it becomes the healthcare professional’s responsibility to ensure you are safe. If a doctor fails in that regard, he or she can be held liable for your damages. Some examples of medical malpractice cases include a surgeon operating on the wrong body part, a doctor failing to diagnose and treat a deadly illness, or a pharmacist giving you the wrong medication.
- Product Liability – Every time you purchase an item, you do so with the understanding that you will not be harmed when you use that product. Product manufacturers are responsible for ensuring the safety of everything they put on the market, and when they fail to uphold this standard, injured victims can file a lawsuit against them. Often, product liability cases stem from defective children’s toys, medications, and cosmetics.
- Auto Collisions – Car, truck, and motorcycle crashes often lead to serious injury cases in Tacoma. These are often the result of texting and driving, driving while under the influence of alcohol, speeding, poor road or weather conditions, and other hazards.
- Premises Liability – When you legally set foot on another person’s property, you have the right to assume your safety will be protected. When property owners fail to keep their grounds hazard-free, victims of this negligence can seek compensation. These types of cases often involve dog bites and slip-and-fall accidents, and they can occur on residential or commercial properties.
- Workplace Accidents – Although some industries, such as the construction industry, are inherently more dangerous than others, employees still have the right to a safe workplace. Under particular circumstances, you may be able to file a Tacoma personal injury claim for your workplace injuries.
Compensation Available in Serious Injury Cases
Once your Tacoma accident injury lawyer has determined which type of case you have on your hands, he or she will begin calculating the value of your claim. This involves determining which benefits you are eligible to receive. We will name all relevant damages in your claim to provide you with complete coverage extending into the future.
In your claim, you may be able to seek compensation for the following damages, if applicable:
- Property damage
- Complete medical coverage, including doctor visits, medications, and travel costs
- Permanent scarring or disfigurement
- Loss of earning capacity
- Any wages you lost while you were recovering
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium
- Wrongful death benefits
Talk to a Tacoma Personal Injury Attorney
If you recently sustained a serious injury after being involved in an accident that wasn’t your fault, you shouldn’t have to bear the burden of the fallout alone. You have rights, and our team at Craig Swapp & Associates is here to ensure they are respected and upheld.
Working with a Tacoma personal injury lawyer can provide you with the representation and guidance you need to file a successful claim against the liable party so you can recover the damages you deserve. To schedule a free initial consultation, give us a call at 1-800-404-9000 or fill out our online contact form at the bottom of the page.