Spokane Truck Accident Broken Bone Lawyer
Broken bones may seem common, but that doesn’t mean you should have to suffer physically and financially after sustaining a break in a truck crash. Get compensated with help from a Spokane truck accident broken bone lawyer.
A fractured or broken bone can be incredibly painful and take months or even years to recover from. If your broken bone was the result of an accident with a negligent truck driver, you should not have to suffer financially in addition to physically.
Hiring a Spokane truck accident broken bone lawyer from Craig Swapp & Associates will serve to protect your rights and ensure that you receive the maximum compensation possible for your injuries.
Types of Broken Bones
The type of fractured or broken bone you suffered in your 18-wheeler accident will directly impact how long it takes for you to recover, the procedures or surgeries that will be necessary, and the amount of compensation you can receive.
- A displaced fracture is potentially the most serious because this is where a bone breaks in two and then each piece moves out of alignment with one another. Very often a displaced fracture will require surgery.
- In a nondisplaced fracture, the bone breaks completely but the two pieces remain in alignment.
- An open fracture is when the bone punctures through the skin.
- If the broken bone remains under the skin, it is considered a closed fracture.
Receiving Medical Care for Your Bone Fracture
It is essential to your recovery that you have access to the necessary medical care. The insurance company of the truck driver should cover all of these expenses if the driver was at fault.
If the insurance denies any request for treatment, we can negotiate on your behalf to ensure that you receive the care you require. Insurers are most concerned with their own profit margins, so this is a sadly common circumstance after truck crashes.
Filing a Lawsuit for a Truck Wreck
We encourage you to visit our office for a free consultation as quickly as possible. While here, we will review the details of your accident and discuss the best way to proceed. Once retained, we will need to perform all of the following tasks:
- Gather Evidence – This is critical in any accident case but more complicated when a large truck is involved. Both the driver and the trucking company could be responsible.
- Review Financial Information – To value your claim, we will review any bills or expenses associated with your injuries. If you have missed any time from work, we will also need to see your prior and current pay stubs to begin calculating your lost wages.
- Investigate the Accident – We may ask the other party to complete interrogatories or answer questions during a deposition. This will provide additional information and evidence to prove their negligence.
- Prepare a Demand Letter – Once we have valued your injury claim, we will prepare and send a demand letter. If the other party agrees to the terms, your case can be settled out of court.
- Go to Court – If court becomes necessary, we will represent you during trial to ensure that your rights are protected and that you receive as much compensation as possible.
Valuing Your 18-Wheeler Accident Claim
We can help you get the most money for your fractured or broken bone by ensuring that all the ways that your accident has impacted your health or lifestyle are factored into your end settlement amount. This may include your lost wages, all medical-related expenses, pain and suffering, and more.
Work with a Capable Spokane Truck Wreck Attorney
To find out what your injury is worth and to file a personal injury lawsuit, consult with a Spokane truck accident broken bone lawyer from Craig Swapp & Associates.
Getting started is fast, simple, and easy. You can reach us by using the contact form on this page or by calling 1-800-404-9000.