Spokane Nursing Home Injury Lawyer
Do you have a loved one in a nursing home?
While nursing homes are charged to be there to help those who need constant care, nursing homes can often be guilty of abuse and neglect. A recent government study found that 85 percent of nursing homes reported at least one incidence of abuse or neglect in 2012. As more and more people are admitted to nursing homes each year, the number of victims of abuse and neglect rise.
Nursing Home Injuries
Nursing home victims of neglect and abuse suffer:
- Bedsores, muscle atrophy, and infection from lack of care
- Broken bones, concussions, and lacerations from unnecessary falls
- Death caused by unnecessary injury, misapplication of medications, or malnutrition
Along with these devastating physical injuries, patients of nursing homes can be abused both verbally and sexually. The abuse and neglect can come from employees of the nursing home or from other patients.
Contact a Spokane Nursing Home Injury Attorney
Nursing homes can be held accountable for their failure to protect their patients.
If you have a family member who has been a victim of physical or emotional abuse at a nursing home, please don’t hesitate to contact the experienced nursing home attorneys at Craig Swapp & Associates. Call us at 1-800-404-9000 or tell us your story by filling out our online form.
When Does Nursing Home Abuse and Neglect Occur?
Nursing home abuse and neglect can occur in three categories: physical, verbal, and sexual.
Physical abuse and neglect include assault, battery, deprivation of food and water, and unreasonable restraint or seclusion.
Signs of physical abuse in nursing homes include the following:
- Fractures or head injuries
- Bed sores, bruises, welts
- Dehydration or malnutrition
Verbal abuse includes threats, insults, scolding, and criticizing.
Victims of verbal abuse in nursing homes often exhibit these symptoms:
- Emotionally upset or agitated
- Reluctant to speak in staff members’ presence
- Wanting to be isolated from others
Sexual abuse in nursing homes includes instances of rape, inappropriate touching, and any unwanted sexual contact.
Sexual abuse victims in nursing homes may show the following signs:
- Bruises or other injuries around the breast and genital areas
- An unexplained fear of staff members and withdrawal from social activities
- Bloody, torn, or stained undergarments
Please understand that victims may show different signs indicating something is wrong, and that those signs could be evidence of any of the three forms of abuse or neglect.
Contact a Spokane Nursing Home Injury Attorney Now!
Now is the time to act. If you or a loved one has experienced abuse and neglect while at a nursing home, please call the experienced nursing home abuse attorneys of Craig Swapp & Associates at 1-800-404-9000 or fill out our online form and tell us your experience.
What Are Victims of Nursing Home Abuse and Neglect Entitled To?
Victims or the victim’s family may be entitled to financial compensation for these items:
- All medical costs associated with the abuse and neglect
- All fees associated with the victim staying at the nursing home
- Physical and emotional pain and suffering
If you have lost a loved one because of abuse and neglect at a nursing home, you may also be entitled to financial compensation for the following:
- Loss of companionship
- Funeral costs
- Wrongful death
Call a Capable Spokane Nursing Home Injury Lawyer
Don’t let the nursing homes get away with abuse and neglect to your family member.