Spokane Defective Part Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
The possibility often goes unsuspected, but sometimes serious accidents are caused by a vehicle part malfunctioning. This is just as true with motorcycle wrecks as it is with other vehicles. In fact, a defective part is sometimes more hazardous to bikers thanks to the balancing act that a motorcycle requires, particularly if the defect involves a tire or wheel.
It’s not easy to prove these cases, however—much less get compensated for them. By working with a Spokane defective part motorcycle accident lawyer from Craig Swapp & Associates, we can help you build your case and get the compensation you deserve from the at-fault party, even if it turns out to be a large manufacturing company.
How Do Part Defects Cause Motorcycle Crashes?
The most important elements of your case will be proving how the part malfunction led to the crash and exactly how the part was defective in the first place. Product liability cases like this often fall into the following categories:
- Design Flaw – The part’s design is simply flawed or inadequate, preventing it from fulfilling its function or standing up to normal use
- Manufacturing Flaw – The part was produced with faulty materials or something else went wrong during the production process
- Advertising Error – Whether the omission was intentional or not, advertising needs to disclose any risks involved with using the part as described
- Sold Damaged – Retailers cannot sell you damaged motorcycle parts or tires, and knowingly doing so can make them liable
- Faulty Installation – If a mechanic or technician installed a damaged part or installed a part incorrectly, they could be liable
The Funds You Are Owed
If any of the above led to your motorcycle crash, you deserve to receive full compensation for all of your losses, damages, and injuries. Some of these damages will be financial in nature, while others will be non-economic and represent how your quality of life has diminished because of what you’ve been through.
Additionally, we also need to include your future losses, as well. One of the ways that insurers lowball settlements is by only factoring in current and obvious damages, omitting the victim’s future needs and less apparent losses.
If any of the following are present in your case, they need to be included in your final compensation:
- Medical bills for surgeries, treatments, medications, and equipment
- Lost income and earning ability
- Home renovations made necessary by your injuries
- Motorcycle repair or replacement
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional trauma and disfigurement
- Lost enjoyment of life
Get the Help You Need for Your Motorcycle Injury Claim
Taking on a motorcycle parts manufacturer can seem intimidating, but you need to be compensated for your injuries and losses so that you can get your life back to normal. Craig Swapp & Associates can help you seek compensation, and we won’t be satisfied with a settlement unless it’s fully comprehensive.
To get the money you are owed for your motorcycle crash, schedule a free consultation to begin work on your claim. Just call 1-800-404-9000 or complete the form below.