Pocatello Car Accident Lawyer
When you’ve been injured in crash, you need to know how to get the compensation necessary to get your life back to normal. Get the help you need by working with a Pocatello car accident lawyer.
We take great pride in representing people injured in car crashes. Our mission in every case is to provide you with experienced legal representation so that you can receive the maximum compensation possible for your injury claim.
If this is your situation, you need a Pocatello car accident lawyer from Craig Swapp & Associates to represent you because the insurance company is unlikely to give you what you deserve to cover your medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering. Their main goal is to maximize profits—even at the expense of your recovery.
Causes of Auto Wrecks
Distracted driving is quickly becoming the leading cause of motor vehicle accidents in the United States. In many crashes, drivers are distracted by their cell phone, radio, GPS or simply by looking for something in the passenger seat.
Other common causes of car accidents that a Pocatello car accident lawyer from our firm can help you with include all of the following:
- Unsafe Road Conditions – Whether you wrecked due to a pothole or badly made shoulder, the government agency in charge of road maintenance could be liable. Construction zones can also lead to accidents caused by unsafe road conditions.
- Driving Under the Influence – Motorists who consume drugs or excessive alcohol can be dangerous on the road because their judgment can be impaired.
- Reckless Driving – A person driving another vehicle might have acted recklessly while driving. This could take the form of weaving in and out lanes, speeding excessively, or even making dangerous turns.
- Malfunctioning Parts – There are times when a car accident is caused by a manufacturer’s defect, whether in an engine or body part or even a tire.
Compensation for Victims of Auto Wrecks
If you are a victim of an automobile accident because of the negligence of another driver, you might be entitled to compensation either through a settlement, from a judge, or through a court trial. Compensatory damages can cover several areas:
- Loss of income
- Medical expenses
- Pain and suffering
- Property loss or repair
- Emotional suffering caused by psychological trauma
- Loss of enjoyment
- Loss of consortium
Besides compensatory damages, you may also be entitled to punitive damages if the defendant is found to be highly careless or malicious. This compensation is intended to punish the defendant’s behavior and prevent him or her from behaving the same way in the future. A Pocatello car accident lawyer from our office can help you determine if this will apply in your case.
Contact a Pocatello Auto Wreck Attorney
Most fender benders or minor wrecks can be resolved amicably through your insurance company. However, accidents that lead to a serious injury or that are fatal should be handled by an experienced Pocatello car accident lawyer from Craig Swapp & Associates.
Contact us today for a free consultation by completing the form below or by calling 1-800-404-9000. We will review your claim and determine what you are entitled to in terms of recovery, damages, and compensation.