If you have been injured and someone else was to blame, you may be wondering “who will pay my medical bills after an accident?” For many people, this is a critical question to ask because healthcare can be incredibly expensive and can rapidly drain your financial reserves. If you do not have enough money in your savings to cover your medical expenses, figuring out how to pay for your recovery can become a very real concern.

At Craig Swapp & Associates, we can help you work through this process and ensure that you do not suffer financially after already suffering physical harm.


Who Owes You Compensation?

The answer to this question really depends on how you were injured. Detailed below are just a few of the situations that you might find yourself in:

  • Car Accidents – If you were hurt in a car, truck, or motorcycle accident, the auto insurance company should provide you with a claim number. That claim number can be used for billing purposes when you go to the doctor.
  • Premises Liability – Large retailers or big businesses often have policies in place that pay for victims of slip-and-fall accidents and other injuries that occur on their grounds. These should allow you to go to the doctor without paying anything. It depends on where you were hurt, but when you file an accident or incident report, you should ask if they have any preferred doctors that you can visit without paying out of pocket.
  • Medical Malpractice – You can even be hurt while receiving healthcare. Providers have medical malpractice insurance that should cover your expenses when you are harmed by a negligent nurse or physician.


Help with Medical Bills

When an accident wasn’t your fault, you have the right to the fullest recovery possible. Even if funds aren’t immediately available from the at-fault party or their insurance, there may still be options that could allow you to receive the care you need.

We may be able to work with the hospital or your doctor to set up delayed billing where they will continue to provide treatment without billing you directly. Then, once your lawsuit settles, they will be paid directly from the financial compensation that you receive.


Speak with a Knowledgeable Personal Injury Attorney

If you have been injured in an accident and are wondering how you will pay for medical treatment, call our office. We can also help if your insurance company is denying medical treatment that your doctor says you need.

We will work to ensure that you receive the medical care you need to recover and that the party responsible for your injuries is held accountable. To speak with an attorney from Craig Swapp & Associates, simply complete the form below or call 1-800-404-9000 to schedule a free consultation.