Pasco Truck Accident Lawyer
If a semi-truck crash has left you injured and buried in medical debt and other losses, a Pasco truck accident lawyer can help you seek compensation from the at-fault party.
Commercial trucking accidents are often serious and catastrophic, causing a multitude of problems for all involved. Whether you were hit by a box truck or an 18-wheeler, the horrifying experience can change your life and shatter your hopes and dreams.
The financial repercussions can take a toll on your life. Medical care for serious accidents can cost an astronomical amount of money, especially if your injuries are long-term or permanent.
When your crash was caused by negligence, you can file a personal injury claim to recoup damages. A Pasco truck accident lawyer from Craig Swapp & Associates will explain your options, investigate your case, and fight to recover the compensation you are entitled to.
Causes of Commercial Truck Wrecks
More than one party can cause truck accidents, even if it is not obvious at the time of the collision. Truck drivers, truck owners, trucking companies, maintenance companies, and parts manufacturers can all play a role in a crash.
To pinpoint what caused your wreck, your Pasco truck accident lawyer will examine all the evidence and verify witness statements to confirm cause and fault in order to move forward with your personal injury claim.
Some of the factors that might have contributed to your accident include the following:
- Distracted Driving – Distractions such as texting, eating, or cell phone use can result in disastrous consequences.
- Fatigued Driving – Federal regulations are in place to keep truck drivers from being on the road for too long without a break.
- Improper Load – If a truck’s cargo is not properly secured, the load can come loose and disperse into the way of traffic, causing serious injuries and even death.
- Overload – If cargo is overloaded to a weight that exceeds the semi-truck’s capacity, a tire can blow out or the trailer can tip over, crushing other vehicles.
- Defective Parts – Truck parts, such as brakes, steering systems, and transmissions can malfunction and cause serious accidents.
- Poor Road Conditions – When city, state, or federal highways and roads are in desperate need of repair, trucks are vulnerable to accidents.
Dealing with Insurance Companies
Because more than one party may be at fault for your accident, it can be difficult to navigate the aftermath. A Pasco truck accident lawyer from our firm will handle your claim from start to finish, ensuring that every detail is handled aggressively and professionally.
We will assess your injuries and how your life has been affected to determine the value of your claim, and we will skillfully negotiate with the insurer so that they don’t take advantage of you. Because insurers want to maximize their profits, they will downplay your injuries and may try to place partial blame on you.
We will work to recover compensation for all your financial damages, such as medical bills, future treatments, and loss of income, as well as for pain and suffering and other non-economic losses.
Contact a Pasco 18-Wheeler Accident Lawyer
To schedule a free, no-obligation consultation, call 1-800-404-9000 or simply fill out the form below. Arrange your time to speak with a Pasco truck accident lawyer to learn how Craig Swapp & Associates can help you.