Ogden Truck Accident Lawyer
When you’ve been seriously injured in an industrial truck accident, you need to know who was responsible so that you can recover financial damages. Get the settlement you’re owed by working with an Ogden truck accident lawyer.
If you are recovering from injuries suffered in a semi-truck accident and are facing financial hardship as a result, it is important to speak with an Ogden truck accident lawyer from Craig Swapp & Associates. We understand how trying this time can be and will do our best to make the process of recovering financial compensation as easy as possible by handling the legal aspects of your personal injury case.
Semi-Truck Wrecks Are Complicated
Being hit by an 18-wheeler or other large commercial truck creates additional legal complications because it is often difficult to tell who was responsible for the collision. For you to receive money for your injuries, someone needs to be more negligent for the accident than you were, and it is up to your Ogden truck accident lawyer to prove it.
We cannot assume that the truck driver was at fault or financially liable for what happened. Instead, we need to investigate not only the accident, but also the relationship between the truck driver, trucking company, and anyone responsible for the truck’s maintenance. Dissecting these relationships is critical to knowing who to name in your lawsuit.
Negligent parties can often include any of the following:
- Trucking Company – These companies have a duty to conduct business in a manner that is safe. Putting untrained drivers on the road, forcing them to work long hours, or having bad policies in place can make the trucking company negligent.
- Truck Driver – If the driver was distracted, intoxicated, or driving recklessly, the wreck could be his or her fault.
- Maintenance Company – When a third-party company handles truck maintenance, they are responsible for their quality of work. If a repair fails, they could be responsible for the crash.
- Part or Tire Manufacturer – When a defective product is put on the road, the manufacturer becomes responsible for any accidents that result.
Additionally, if the accident was caused by bad road conditions, the entity responsible for maintaining those roads could be at-fault.
How to Get Compensation for a Commercial Truck Collision
Working with an Ogden truck accident lawyer from our office will give you the best opportunity for recovering monetary compensation for your injuries.
The process, however, is more complicated than it might initially seem. The other party’s insurance company will try to pay you as little as possible to preserve their profits. This means that you will have an entire organization actively working against you during the claims process, making it even more important to have your own personal injury attorney.
You stand a good chance of receiving compensation if the other party can be proven to have caused the crash, but that doesn’t mean that you will get enough money. Our job is to build a strong case so that you can receive the largest settlement possible. This could include money for any of the following items that apply to your case:
- All medical bills, including future ones
- Wages you lost by being unable to work
- Transportation expenses
- In-home caregivers
- Physical and emotional therapy
- Medication and mobility equipment
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of enjoyment or quality of life
Speak with an Ogden 18-Wheeler Accident Lawyer
You don’t have to suffer financially in addition to suffering physically after an 18-wheeler wreck. The key is to speak with an experienced attorney as soon as possible. We can protect your legal rights and help you receive the compensation that you deserve.