Nampa Truck Accident Lawyer
By working with a Nampa truck accident lawyer, you can develop the strongest case possible for your 18-wheeler crash and get the financial compensation that you are owed.
When you’ve been involved in a semi-truck wreck, it can be incredibly difficult to get your life back to normal. From disabling injuries to emotional trauma to being unable to work, your life can be completely turned upside-down. Overcoming these challenges usually requires a great deal of money, and if you didn’t cause the collision, the expenses shouldn’t be coming out of your finances.
By working with a Nampa truck accident lawyer from Craig Swapp & Associates, you can ensure that the settlement that you receive from the trucking company’s insurance will cover all of your damages and allow you to put an unfortunate event behind you.
Investigating Your Semi-Truck Wreck
Even if you were partially at fault, you’ll still be able to seek compensation as long as someone else was more at fault than you were. However, according to Idaho’s comparative negligence statute, the settlement you receive will then be reduced by your own percentage of fault. Minimizing your liability for what happened means maximizing your potential compensation, which is why it’s so important to work with an experienced Nampa truck accident lawyer.
Our firm will conduct a full investigation of what happened during your commercial truck collision, allowing you to name all of the at-fault parties in your personal injury claim. This could actually by a large number of different entities, as industrial vehicles such as 18-wheelers tend to have multiple parties involved in their operation and maintenance.
These are just a few of the factors that will need to be considered:
- Drowsy Driving – While the trucker will almost certainly be largely responsible if fatigued driving was involved, the trucking company might also be partially at fault if they were encouraging him or her to stay on the road without rest for longer than what’s considered safe.
- Intoxicated Driving – Again, the driver will be largely responsible if drugs or alcohol contributed to the accident, but if the driver has a history of DUI infractions, the trucking company might be guilty of negligent hiring.
- Dangerous Roads – If a pothole, shoulder drop-off, missing guardrail, or malfunctioning traffic light were present, the contractor or government agency might be responsible for failing to maintain the roads to safe standards
Big Rig Crash Compensation
Whether you suffered a broken bone, a traumatic brain injury, or emotional trauma in your semi-truck collision, you can seek compensation for all of the negative effects of the crash and your injuries. This includes current and future losses—both financial and non-economic:
- Medical care, such as surgeries, treatments, and medication
- Lost wages and income, as well as reduced earning potential
- Mobility equipment and home renovations made necessary by your injuries
- Pain and suffering
- Lost companionship and disfigurement
- Lost enjoyment of life
Consult with a Nampa 18-Wheeler Accident Lawyer
Never trust an insurance company to fairly settle an accident claim without first speaking with an experienced personal injury attorney. At Craig Swapp & Associates, we have extensive experience recovering damages for injury victims, and we can make certain that you receive a fair and full settlement.
To schedule a time to meet with a Nampa truck accident lawyer, simply complete our online contact form below or give our office a call at 1-800-404-9000.