Salt Lake City Motorcycle Accident Neck Injury Lawyer
The results of a motorcycle crash neck injury could range from intense pain to full paralysis. Make certain that you get compensated for what you’ve endured by working with a Salt Lake City motorcycle accident neck injury lawyer.
It’s extremely common for motorcycle riders to be thrown from their bikes during a crash. This often leads to horrible spinal injuries, with the neck possibly being the most vulnerable point.
The neck is one of the most fragile and also most important parts of the body, so any damage done will be certain to dramatically affect your life. Neck injuries can be painful and debilitating, and a Salt Lake City motorcycle accident neck injury lawyer from Craig Swapp & Associates can help you determine who was at fault for your wreck and what they owe you.
Neck Injuries Suffered in Motorcycle Wrecks
Helmets are worn to protect the head, but the neck generally doesn’t have any protective gear or equipment to prevent sudden jerking motions or blunt-force trauma. Some common neck injuries that occur in motorcycle accidents include all of the following:
- Fractured Vertebrae – A vertebra can become damaged, and the severity and type of break will depend on the force of the impact.
- Cervical Dislocation – This injury occurs when a bone in the neck shifts completely out of its natural position.
- Herniated Disc – A slipped or ruptured disc happens when the soft tissues inside the discs are pushed outwards. Pain and pins-and-needles sensations in the arms are common symptoms.
- Pinched Nerve – When the joints along the spine become misaligned, immense pain due to pressure on the nerves can occur.
- Neck Sprain – A sprain means that the ligaments in the neck have been overstretched and torn.
- Whiplash – Caused by a sudden involuntary movement of the head, whiplash will result in decreased range of motion and intense pain.
The Impact of a Neck Injury
Whether your neck injury will be recovered from in the short term or will result in a lifelong disability, it will be bound to negatively impact your life in several ways. These motorcycle accident injuries will be guaranteed to lead to expensive medical bills, putting your finances at risk.
Other financial damages that you might encounter after a neck injury include lost wages and income, caretaker expenses, public transportation costs, mobility equipment, pain medication, and the need for other special accommodations.
It doesn’t stop there, however. Your neck injury also has the potential to decrease your quality of life. These noneconomic damages are difficult to assign dollar values to, but they should be included in any settlement you receive, as well. Pain and suffering, damage done to your marriage or personal relationships, and lost enjoyment of life can all be eligible for compensation.
Get Help from an SLC Motorcycle Crash Neck Injury Lawyer
Neck injuries can be debilitating and may cause extreme pain for months, years, or the rest of your life. Filing a personal injury claim against the person responsible for your injury is critical to your recovery, and an experienced Salt Lake City motorcycle accident neck injury lawyer will fight for the settlement you deserve—not the one the insurance wants to pay you.
The lawyers at Craig Swapp & Associates are here to protect your rights. Contact us to discuss how we can help by calling 1-800-404-9000 or reach us online through the form below to book a free, no-obligation consultation today.