Idaho Falls Personal Injury Lawyer
If you’ve suffered a catastrophic injury due to someone else’s carelessness, an Idaho Falls personal injury lawyer can help you recover financial compensation for your damages and losses.
Accidents happen every day. But there are some accidents that are more severe than others and cause long-lasting effects. If someone else is at fault for the injuries you sustained as a result of such an accident, you have the right to seek compensation for your damages. In these instances, hiring an Idaho Falls personal injury lawyer from Craig Swapp & Associates is your best option for a successful outcome.
Personal injury law can be complex, and trying to understand the minute, legal details of these cases can be difficult. But enlisting the help of a qualified and experienced attorney will ensure that you have a complete understanding of your situation, how to move forward, and what you can expect in regards to compensation.
Different Types of Personal Injury Accidents
Although there are many different scenarios that could lead to filing a personal injury claim, understanding the unique details of your situation will help you and your lawyer determine exactly what kind of approach you should take when seeking compensation. From a medical procedure gone wrong to a traffic accident that left you with substantial injuries, it’s important to know how best to approach your situation.
Some examples of the different types of personal injury cases are as follows:
- Medical Malpractice – Every time you put yourself in the hands of medical professionals, it is their responsibility to ensure that you stay safe. If you sustained injuries as a result of a medical procedure while under the care of your doctor, you may have a medical malpractice lawsuit on your hands.
- Slip-and-Falls – An example of a premises liability incident, this type of personal injury claim refers to situations where you may have fallen and hurt yourself on someone else’s property.
- Traffic Accidents – Many people view car, semi-truck, and motorcycle crashes as their own legal area. But if you were injured as a result of a traffic accident, you can file a personal injury claim.
- Product Liability – Did you get hurt or fall ill while using a product you purchased as intended? If so, you are entitled to seek compensation from the manufacturer of that product.
Preparing Your Catastrophic Injury Claim
You and your Idaho Falls personal injury lawyer will work together to present the best case on your behalf. This may include collecting all medical documents that pertain to your injury. If you happened to take photographs at the scene of the accident and of your injuries immediately following, you should include these as pieces of evidence.
Your lawyer may also decide to call on industry professionals to provide expert testimony on your behalf. Witnesses that were there when the accident took place may also be called upon to help prove why you deserve compensation from the at-fault party.
Compensation for a Personal Injury
Every personal injury case is different, and the amount you are able to recoup in compensation will be unique to your situation. However, there are a few general types of damages that your Idaho Falls personal injury lawyer may seek on your behalf:
- Wages you may have lost due to time taken off of work for your recovery
- Lost future earning ability if your injury results in a permanent disability
- Medical bills you have already incurred, as well as future expenses
- Emotional distress
- Property damage and repair
- Loss of consortium
- Pain and suffering
Turn to an Idaho Falls Serious Injury Lawyer
If you’ve recently suffered a personal injury, you deserve to be compensated for your suffering. Let an Idaho Falls personal injury lawyer from the experienced staff at Craig Swapp & Associates help make the process as simple as possible. To schedule a free consultation or to learn more about how our firm can assist, please give us a call at 1-800-404-9000. You can also fill out our contact form at the bottom of the page and one of our representatives will be in touch as soon as possible.