SALT LAKE CITY DEFECTIVE PRODUCT ATTORNEY
A defective product can be dangerous to the user through design or manufacturing defects, or by the manufacturer providing incorrect instructions or warnings. Oftentimes, a defect is not discovered until after it has been offered and sold in the marketplace, when reports of injuries come to the attention of the manufacturer.
In some cases, the manufacturer may become aware of the defect, yet continue to offer an unsafe product rather than spend money to recall the product or send out notifications. In other cases, the manufacturer may issue a recall, yet not have a database to adequately find all users. Regardless of the circumstances, manufacturers of unsafe and dangerous products are responsible for any injuries caused by their products that have not been covered by adequate prior warnings.
At Craig Swapp & Associates, our Utah defective products attorneys have the expertise and experience to handle any type of defective product case:
- Faulty automotive safety equipment, such as mal-functioning airbags or seat belts, that fails to protect the user during an accident or other emergency situation
- Unsafe appliances or power tools that result in injury during use, despite correct use as outlined by the equipments instructions
- Incorrect or non-existent instructions or warnings that fail to notify the user of inherent dangers
We represent people who own a defective product, as well as those non-owners who borrow or have lawful access to the equipment. When we represent injured victims of defective products, our attorneys first establish the liability of the manufacturer. Once liability is clearly established, we then look to get the injured victim fair and full compensation for:
- Medical bills, including costs for hospital visits, doctors, medication, physical therapy, etc.
- Income loss associated with the injury and recovery
- Damage to personal property caused by the defective product
- Pain and suffering associated with the recovery
- Long-term disfigurement or impairment
If you’ve been seriously injured by a defective product or by improper instructions, contact Craig Swapp & Associates today for a FREE consultation at (801) 990-1919 or submit the details of your case on-line.