Caldwell Truck Accident Lawyer
Making a full recovery from a semi-truck accident can drain your finances. Make sure you get compensated by working with a Caldwell truck accident lawyer.
If you’ve been involved in a commercial trucking accident, you know how frightening an experience it can be. An accident with an 18-wheeler or other large truck can cause serious damage—to both your vehicle and you. A fully-loaded truck can weigh over twenty times what an average-size car weighs. The financial, physical, and emotional difficulties after a semi-truck wreck can last well after the impact.
What’s worse is that trucking companies often have legal departments whose job is to protect the trucking company’s interests. This means that after a collision with one of their drivers, you may be dealing with people less interested in getting you a full settlement than in protecting the trucking company’s bottom line.
It helps to have a personal injury attorney who will stand up to the trucking company and work to get you every penny you’re owed. A Caldwell truck accident lawyer with Craig Swapp & Associates can be an invaluable ally.
Determining Fault for a Commercial Truck Crash
When you contact a Caldwell truck accident lawyer from our office, the first thing you will do is review all the details of your case to determine who is at fault. Idaho follows the doctrine of comparative negligence. This means that if you are found to have contributed to your crash, your compensation will be reduced by the percentage you are found responsible for.
We will ensure that the negligent party in your accident is held accountable while minimizing your level of fault. Here are just a few of the causes that will need to be investigated and who might be responsible:
- Trucker – If the truck’s driver was engaging in unsafe behavior, such as driving while under the influence, distracted driving, speeding, or drowsy driving, he or she could be found liable.
- Parts Manufacturer – Faulty brakes, a malfunctioning steering system, or the failure of any other safety function on an 18-wheeler could have preceded your accident. If this is the case, the truck’s parts manufacturer could be liable.
- Cargo-Loading Team – Commercial trucks that are improperly loaded become more of a hazard to other vehicles. An improperly loaded semi-truck has an increased chance of rolling over, among other risk factors. The team who loaded the truck may be found liable in this scenario.
There are many other people and organizations involved in the maintenance and operation of commercial vehicles, and any of them may have been responsible for your wreck.
Full Compensation for Semi-Truck Wreck Injuries
Immediately after an accident, the trucking company’s lawyers may try to get you to sign waivers or accept insurance settlements. This will not be in your best interest, as the trucking company’s lawyers are looking out for the company and not your wellbeing. Such a settlement may only cover basic needs.
Your Caldwell truck accident lawyer will work to get you full compensation that accounts for all hardships imposed by your collision:
- Current and future medical bills
- Lost wages and reduced income-earning opportunity
- Car repairs and replacement
- Pain and suffering
- Physical or emotional therapy
- Lost enjoyment of life
Contact a Caldwell 18-Wheeler Accident Lawyer
You don’t have to face the aftermath of a semi-truck accident alone. Contact a Caldwell truck accident lawyer with Craig Swapp & Associates today. Call 1-800-404-9000 or use the online contact form below to schedule a free consultation today.