How to Get an Accident Report in Boise
If you were in a car accident in Boise or the surrounding area, you may be wondering how to get an accident report. It is important to obtain and keep a copy of this document because it will be necessary when filing a lawsuit or even trying to handle your claim with the insurance company.
Finding a Boise Accident Report
First, identify where the accident took place. Did your accent happen within Boise city limits or in the county? This is important to know because it determines the next steps you’ll take.
If the Wreck Happened in Boise
- Visit the City of Boise Website – Go to the public records page.
- Click the Dropdown Menu – Select “copy records.”
- Check the Appropriate Box – You can select the box for “police reports” and “accident supplemental report.”
- Specify What You Need – Provide details like the names of parties involved, where the accident took place, your license number, etc. This will help the records department locate all records related to your accident.
- Give Your Personal Information – You will need to complete several fields with personal information. This allows the records department to identify you, contact you, and mail or email you the records.
You can call the Boise Police Department’s general information line to ask additional questions.
If the Wreck Happened in the County
Accidents that take place outside of city limits will be handled by the Ada Sheriff’s Department. You can request an accident report from the department online or make a written request that can be mailed or delivered to the offices.
A response generally takes three to ten days after your request has been submitted.
If you would like help locating your accident report, negotiating with the insurance company, or dealing with your car accident claim in general, you may want to hire a Boise injury attorney.
We help clients by handling all aspects of their cases and can do the same for you.