Broken bones and fractures suffered on a construction site can make it impossible for you to continue working while you heal. Find out if you have options beyond workers comp by speaking with a Boise construction accident broken bone lawyer.

After breaking a bone while on the job, you need to file both an accident report and a workers compensation claim. This is the first step to ensuring that you receive benefits and compensation. Typically, your medical bills will be paid for right away and you should receive a check covering a portion of your lost income within a couple of weeks.

This, however, is unlikely to be enough to pay your family’s bills, making it necessary to speak with a Boise construction accident broken bone lawyer from Craig Swapp & Associates. In some situations, you can receive your workers compensation benefits and also get more money by filing a personal injury lawsuit.


Not Everyone Can Sue

It is important to note that existing laws prevent you from suing your employer after an on-the-job accident—in most circumstances.

This means that many injured workers do not have additional recourse. However, you can’t give up without first speaking with one of our attorneys. In some situations, it becomes possible to sue and receive money on top of what your employer pays you through workers compensation.


Who You Can Sue for a Worksite Bone Fracture

There are specific requirements which need to be met for your employer to be one of the people that you can sue. However, any third parties who contributed to your accident and injuries could be sued. This includes the following examples:

  • Manufacturer of Faulty Equipment – If a faulty part or piece of gear was used, proper warnings were not adequately provided, or the equipment malfunctioned, we can sue the manufacturer directly for your broken bone.
  • Contractors and Outside Workers – Accidents can happen when people or companies enter a jobsite and act carelessly. A delivery driver, for example, could cause an accident, and we can sue the company they work for, if so.
  • Your Employer – The hardest entity to sue is your own employer. To do so, we must prove that they purposefully exposed you to harm or could have prevented it but acted negligently instead.


Proving Your Claim Requires Evidence

It isn’t enough to blame someone for your fractured bone. We need to prove that another person or entity was negligent, which requires gathering evidence. You can help by connecting us with any witnesses, providing details of what happened, and giving us any pictures (if there are any). In addition, we will perform the following tasks:

  • Conduct depositions and ask all involved parties questions while under oath
  • Review the accident reports
  • Research prior accidents, complaints, and write-ups to see if there is a pattern of negligent behavior


Take Care of Your Broken Bone

While we work on building your case, you need to concentrate on healing from your bone fracture. Be sure to remain under the care of your doctor during the recovery process. This includes going to all physical therapy or rehabilitation appointments, as ordered.

If you have any trouble getting the insurance to pay for a certain procedure or therapy, let us know and we can negotiate with them on your behalf.


More Money for Your Bone Injury

We can help you get the most compensation possible for your bone fracture. This includes money for how your fractured bone is impacting your life today, as well as how it is likely to impact you in the future. We can ask for economic damages to pay for tangible expenses and losses, such as the following:

  • Medical care, both current and future
  • Lost wages you haven’t received through workers compensation
  • Transportation expenses
  • Physical therapy
  • Medical devices
  • Caregiver wages

Additionally, you can also recover compensation for non-economic damages to pay for pain and suffering and an overall loss to your quality of life. This is more likely if your bone fracture takes a long time to recover from, such as if the bone was crushed or required surgery to bring back into alignment.


Contact a Boise Construction Accident Bone Fracture Lawyer

After suffering a fractured bone on the job, you should speak with an attorney at Craig Swapp & Associates. You have nothing to lose and everything to gain by doing so. Scheduling a free consultation is as simple as calling 1-800-404-9000 or completing the contact form on this page.