Seattle Product Liability Lawyer
Don’t let the big corporations win after they’ve hurt you because of their carelessness. If a defective product has injured you, fight back by working with a Seattle product liability attorney.
When you buy a product and use it, you expect it to work, but sometimes products let you down. Far worse is when a defect makes the product dangerous, and it causes you harm. You don’t want to be responsible for your hospital bills and lost income, and you shouldn’t be.
The at-fault person or company should cover all of your damages in an effort to make you whole. They rarely do this, and when they do, they often throw out absurdly low settlement offers. Accepting anything before you have discussed your case with a Seattle product liability lawyer could be detrimental to your financial future.
The lawyer you choose needs to be familiar with product liability law and all the players, including companies, judges, attorneys, and jurisdictions. You’ll find all of these traits at Craig Swapp & Associates, where we will treat you with the respect you deserve.
What Is Product Liability?
Product liability involves accidents that occur when a defective product is used correctly and according to instructions but still harms you in some way. This could be anything from a toaster fire or an exploding gas grill to tainted medications or E. coli in spinach.
These are always complex cases due to how many companies can be involved in a product’s making. To file a claim, your product liability lawyer in Seattle will have to identify the responsible people, businesses, or agencies.
Product Liability Claim Types in Seattle
Personal injury claims for damages caused by a defective product fall into three main categories. Each one is slightly different, helping to differentiate and indicate the cause and the fault.
Categories of defective product claims include problems with the following:
- Design – Items that were faulty from the start, like a teapot that directs the steam toward the hand or a pistol that ejects the spent casing back into the user’s eye
- Manufacturing – Products that were designed correctly, but some error in the manufacturing process created one unit or several incorrectly, such as a gas grill that has a leaky line or a batch of tainted cough syrup that causes liver failure
- Marketing – Errors in the product’s instructions and advertisements, including medications that fail to include side effects or a lawnmower that doesn’t provide sufficient directions for safe use
Compensation for Your Seattle Defective Product Injuries
Any trip to the hospital can cost thousands of dollars, but if your injuries are severe, you may have millions in damages over your lifetime. Your Seattle defective product lawyer will work with your physicians, rehabilitation experts, and mental health professionals to determine which injuries led to which damages and the value of those damages.
We may claim compensation for any or all of the following:
- Immediate and ongoing medical costs
- Current and projected wage loss or diminishment
- Disability accommodations to your home, car, and office
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Property damage
- Punitive damages
- Wrongful death, which carries its own set of rules
Team Up with a Seattle Product Liability Attorney
To boost your chance of success, you may need the support of a trained legal team. You’ll find a qualified Seattle product liability lawyer at Craig Swapp & Associates. Our goal is always to do what’s best for you. For a free, no-obligation consultation, call us at 1-800-404-9000 or fill out the form below.
Awards & Associations:
- Personal Injury
- Car Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Truck Accidents
- Bicycle Accidents
- Construction Accidents
- Defective Drugs
- Defective Products
- Dog Bites
- Medical Malpractice
- Nursing Home Abuse
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Premises Liability
- Work Injuries
- Wrongful Death