Kent Personal Injury Lawyer
Every injury case is unique. Team up with a Kent injury lawyer who will treat your case with the attention it deserves.
Being involved in an accident is, of course, frustrating and stressful. Between mounting medical bills and an inability to work, it can be tough to keep your life together after an incident.
But if your injuries were the result of another party’s actions, you shouldn’t have to bear the burden of the at-fault party’s mistakes. In these cases, a Kent personal injury lawyer at Craig Swapp & Associates can help you file a claim for compensation against the liable party.
A Look at Kent Personal Injury Cases
After your accident, you may be wondering whether your injuries warrant legal action. After all, getting hurt is sometimes a normal part of life, and it can be difficult to determine what separates a serious injury case from an everyday occurrence.
Essentially, the difference between these two types of incidents is that, in personal injury law, cases hinge on the negligence or recklessness of one of the parties involved. You can likely take legal action if your injuries were a direct cause of another person’s negligent behavior.
Some examples of situations that might lead you to file a Kent personal injury claim include the following:
- Medical Malpractice – When you enter the care of a medical provider, you do so with the understanding that he or she is responsible for keeping you safe. Failing in that responsibility could make your doctor or other healthcare provider guilty of medical malpractice.
- Car Accidents – Car accidents happen all the time, and in some cases, the liability is clearly on the other driver. Common causes include negligent behaviors like texting and driving or speeding. Motorcycle accidents and commercial truck crashes have similar causes.
- Premises Liability – When someone owns property, whether it’s commercial or residential, he or she is responsible for upholding the safety of every person who legally enters the grounds. Accidents like slip-and-falls or fires that lead to injury could warrant compensation.
- Workplace Accidents – Some industries, such as the construction industry, are inherently dangerous, but you still deserve a reasonably safe work environment. In the event of an on-the-job accident that occurs under specific circumstances, you may be able to pursue personal injury compensation.
- Product Liability – Whenever you buy something, you have the right to assume it is safe to use. Whether it’s a food item, a toy, or an electronic, the manufacturer of the product can be held responsible for your damages if you suffered injuries.
Recovering Compensation for Your Damages
Depending on the details of your case, your Kent accident injury lawyer can help you recover compensation for a number of damages in your claim. These may include the following:
- Healthcare costs
- Property damage
- Lost wages and reduced earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional trauma
- Disfigurement and scarring
Let a Kent Personal Injury Attorney Help You
If you were hurt in any type of accident and are interested in taking legal action against the liable party, our team at Craig Swapp & Associates can help you find a successful outcome. We can provide you with the guidance and knowledge you need to win fair and comprehensive compensation.
Get in touch with a Kent personal injury lawyer at our firm to get started. We can be reached by phone at 1-800-404-9000 or online through our contact form at the bottom of this page.