Spokane Motorcycle Accident Spine Injury Lawyer
After suffering a spine injury in a motorcycle crash, it is critical that you receive immediate and ongoing medical care until you have reached your maximum level of recovery.
During this process, you also need to speak with a Spokane motorcycle accident spine injury lawyer from Craig Swapp & Associates. Washington State has a three-year statute of limitations, so you don’t want to wait until your recovery is complete to file your personal injury lawsuit.
Causes of Back Injuries During Motorcycle Wrecks
Motorcycle riders are at a greater risk for becoming injured because the driver is completely exposed to the impact in the event of a collision.
If you were hit and thrown from your bike, there’s a good chance that you damaged your spine in addition to sustaining other injuries. Back injuries are incredibly common in motorcycle accidents, and may be overlooked because they sometimes fail to manifest symptoms until days or weeks later.
Types of Motorcycle Crash Spine Injuries
During a motorcycle crash, riders could suffer any of the back injuries listed below:
- Slipped or ruptured discs
- Nerve damage
- Broken or crushed vertebrae
- Severed spinal cord, resulting in full or partial paralysis
Regardless of the type of spine injury you have suffered, you have the right to sue for compensation as long as someone else was more at fault for the crash than you were.
Identifying the Negligent Party
Before you can file a lawsuit, we first need to determine who was to blame for your motorcycle accident. This is the process of determining and proving negligence, so we will gather evidence that can be presented in court in order to prove your case.
Negligent parties may include any of the following:
- Motorcycle or parts manufacturer
- The driver of a passenger car or commercial vehicle
- Government agency responsible for road maintenance
In some case, more than one party may be to blame for your spine injury. We can name all at-fault parties in your lawsuit to ensure that you receive the maximum possible compensation.
Recovering Financial Compensation
You should always be leery of insurance companies pushing for quick settlements or trying to get you to settle without the help of an attorney. If you take their first offer, you may be leaving money on the table and be unable to afford accident-related expenses later.
We will evaluate all of the ways that your back injury has impacted both your life and your bank account. This ensures that you get the most money possible for your injury claim:
- Current and Future Medical Bills – Your medical bills need to be covered so that you do not have to pay for anything out of pocket. We will work with your doctor to determine what your expenses are likely to be in the future so that your settlement is comprehensive.
- Rehabilitation and Therapy – Back injuries often require ongoing physical therapy, and you need the money to pay for this as long as it’s necessary.
- Mobility Equipment – If you need a wheelchair or the use of other mobility devices, that expense should be covered as part of your claim.
- Home Expenses – If your injury and symptoms are severe, such as with paralysis, there is a good chance that your home will need to be retrofitted to accommodate your needs.
- Caregivers – Hiring caretakers can be expensive, but if you need them due to your injury, we will include their wages in your injury claim.
- Lost Wages – Suffering a major back injury or paralysis is going to impact your ability to earn a living. Any income that you lose in lost wages will be included in your claim.
Consult a Spokane Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Given the complexity of both motorcycle accidents and spine injuries, you do not want to put off speaking with a Spokane motorcycle accident spine injury lawyer. Once you are medically stabilized, call Craig Swapp & Associates to schedule a free consultation and find out how we can help you.
You can reach us by completing the form on this page or by calling 1-800-404-9000.