Spokane Motorcycle Accident Brain Injury Lawyer
A traumatic brain injury (TBI) can be debilitating and impact you for the rest of your life. If you have suffered such an injury during a motorcycle accident, you need a Spokane motorcycle accident brain injury lawyer from Craig Swapp & Associates to seek financial compensation for your injury damages.
In Washington State, you are required to wear a DOT-approved helmet when riding. Novelty helmets are not approved unless they have the DOT sticker on the back.
If you were either not wearing a helmet or your helmet did not meet safety standards, you could receive a ticket at the accident scene and may be found partially to blame for your brain injury. In this situation, it is critical that you hire an attorney as quickly as possible.
However, if you were wearing an approved helmet and suffered a brain injury anyway, it will be far easier to demonstrate that the blame lies with the at-fault party who caused your motorcycle crash.
Negligence and Motorcycle Wrecks
We need to prove negligence so that you can receive financial compensation for your concussion or other TBI. Another party involved in the accident needs to be more than 50 percent at fault in order for you to receive compensation.
Other parties that may be found liable include the following examples:
- The other driver or rider
- Your helmet’s manufacturer
- The motorcycle or parts manufacturer
- A government entity for not maintaining the roads to safe standards
Impact of Brain Injuries
Traumatic brain injuries can interfere with how you process information, limit your physical abilities, and even alter your emotional responses. Some common symptoms are listed below:
- Dizziness or loss of balance
- Extreme or chronic fatigue
- Headaches and migraines
- Nausea and vomiting
- Blurry vision
- Memory loss
If you have any of these symptoms following your motorcycle wreck, you need to visit a doctor immediately. You only have three years from the date of the accident to file a personal injury claim in Washington, so speaking with an attorney right away is within your best interests.
Valuing Your Motorcycle Accident Claim
Traumatic brain injuries can devastate a crash victim’s life. This makes it critical that you not settle your case too quickly or without evaluating the full impact of your injuries.
When you come in for your free consultation, we will ask a variety of questions to identify all of the ways that your brain injury has either cost you money directly or resulted in lost wages and opportunities:
- Lost Earnings – If you have taken time off from work to recover or you are unable to return to work due to your injuries, you deserve to be compensated for your current and future lost wages.
- Medical Bills – We will work with your doctor to determine how much care you require now, in addition to what you are likely to need in the future. You should receive compensation for any and all current and anticipated medical expenses.
- Other Accident-Related Expenses – If you have had to hire a caregiver, modify your home, purchase a new vehicle, or experienced any other expenses as a result of your brain injury, you should be compensated for it.
Work with a Spokane Motorcycle Crash Attorney
As a motorcycle accident victim, you need an attorney who knows how to get you the most money for your injury claim. Craig Swapp & Associates is here to help, so fill out the form below or call 1-800-404-9000 to speak with a Spokane motorcycle accident brain injury lawyer.
Awards & Associations:
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Broken Bones
- Dangerous Roads
- Defective Parts
- Distracted Driving
- Drunk Driving Accidents
- Brain Injuries
- Facial Injuries
- Head-On Collisions
- Left-Turn Collisions
- Neck Injuries
- Nerve Damage
- Spine Injuries
- Rear-End Collisions
- Road Construction
- Wrongful Death
- Motorcycle Accident FAQ