Spokane Welding Injury Lawyer
Whether you were severely burned or fell from scaffolding, you might be able to get more than what work comp offers when you’ve been hurt in a welding accident. Find out by speaking with a Spokane welding injury lawyer.
It’s understandable to have concerns following your welding accident. Because your workers compensation insurance may not cover all of your losses, your injuries may have caused you to lose time at work and your medical bills and out-of-pocket costs may be putting you into debt. It’s important to know that in certain instances you can file a personal injury claim to recover compensation for damages you have suffered.
Due to the complexity of workers compensation and civil tort laws in Washington State, dealing with the losses caused by welding injuries can be difficult. Recovering additional damages calls for the experience of a Spokane welding injury lawyer from Craig Swapp & Associates who can help you protect your right to obtain the settlement you deserve.
Welding Accidents and the Workplace
Welding is one of the most dangerous jobs in the construction industry, accounting for more than 500,000 injuries per year. Washington state law requires a safe work environment for all employees, meaning that you have a right to be compensated whether your welding accident was caused by defective welding equipment, improper training and instruction, or lack of safety equipment.
What Caused Your Welding Injury?
Your construction accident could have been the result of several different reasons, and we will work hard to prove how and why the accident happened. In addition to your workers compensation insurance, we might be able to file a civil claim recovering a monetary payout if you were injured in one of the following situations:
- Defective Product – A product liability claim against the manufacturer of the welding or safety equipment if your accident was caused by a product defect
- Third Party – You can file a civil claim against a third party, such as a property owner or contractor, if they are responsible for your welding accident
- Maintenance Company – You can file a lawsuit against a maintenance company if it failed to properly maintain the equipment
- Employer Malice – You may be able to file a personal injury lawsuit if your welding accident was caused by your employer’s intentional or egregious acts
- No Work Comp Coverage – You can sue your employer in civil court if your employer does not carry workers compensation insurance
Recovering Damages for Your Welding Accident
Pursuing compensation for your welding injuries is important for you to alleviate the financial burden your accident imposed on your life. Filing a personal injury lawsuit against a third party or manufacturer can give you the settlement you deserve.
A Spokane welding injury lawyer from Craig Swapp & Associates can help you recover maximum compensation for any of the following damages that apply to your case:
- Current and future medical expenses
- Lost wages and future earning potential
- Medical devices and equipment
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Loss of enjoyment of life
Contact a Spokane Construction Welding Accident Lawyer
Experienced and aggressive, Craig Swapp & Associates will help you recover maximum compensation for your welding injuries. Call 1-800-404-9000 or contact us online through the form below for a free, no-obligation consultation.