Spokane Road Construction Accident Lawyer
Poor signage, bad road conditions, and confusing signals can all lead to road construction accidents. Regardless of why your accident occurred, you have the right to sue the party responsible.
These cases can be complex, making it critical that you hire a Spokane road construction accident lawyer from Craig Swapp & Associates who can gather the necessary evidence to prove your case.
Identifying the Negligent Party
After being in a car accident, you need to prove that someone else was more responsible for the wreck than you were. Proving negligence is a necessary step for receiving financial compensation.
Negligence is the legal term for fault, and there may be more than one party responsible for your crash.
For example, if the construction crew failed to put up the proper signs, the construction company itself could be to blame. Likewise, if you were hit by a driver speeding through the construction site, he or she could bear some of the fault, as well. In a situation like this, we can name all of the negligent parties in your personal injury lawsuit.
Gathering Evidence After a Roadwork Car Accident
Once retained, we will go to work gathering evidence for your case. This may include any of the following items:
- Reviewing pictures or video footage from the scene
- Speaking with eyewitnesses about the accident or state of the construction site
- Reading police reports
- Examining your accident-related medical records
- Checking records to see if employees were properly trained on safety protocols
It can take time to gather the necessary evidence, and we may need to depose the company or entity responsible for the construction site. Doing so will allow us to prove that the accident was not your fault and that you deserve compensation for the crash.
Types of Construction Zone Car Accidents
As long as someone else was to blame for your wreck, you can file a lawsuit. Some of the more common types of road construction accidents we see are as follows:
- Single Vehicle – Your vehicle may have been the only one involved in the crash. This can happen when the road conditions are unsafe or safety precautions are not being followed by the road crew. For example, they may fail to put up a sign indicating that the road is ending.
- Construction Equipment – If the road crew moves a machine into oncoming traffic without first halting the oncoming cars, this can lead to a serious accident.
- Multi-Vehicle – Distracted drivers often fail to see warning signs or to notice other vehicles slowing down. If you were hit by a distracted driver, you can sue him or her for compensation.
Money for Your Injuries
After being in a car accident, you deserve compensation for your injuries. You should seek money for more than just your medical bills, however. We can help you seek restitution for the cost of all of the items listed below if they apply to your case:
- Rehabilitation and physical therapy
- Counseling and emotional therapy
- Lost wages and income
- Vehicle repairs or replacement
- Caregiver expenses
- Pain and suffering
- And more
You Need a Washington Car Accident Attorney
Personal injury claims involving road construction are complex, and it is critical that you have a Spokane road construction accident lawyer who can gather enough evidence to prove the negligence of those responsible.
You can expect the very best when working with Craig Swapp & Associates. To get started, simply complete the form below or call 1-800-404-9000 to schedule an appointment for your free case evaluation.