Roy Personal Injury Lawyer
Whether you were hurt by an exploding cell phone battery or a car crash, if someone else’s negligence was the reason your accident occurred, you deserve compensation. Get what you’re owed by hiring a Roy personal injury attorney.
Stress often comes from foreseeable sources like work, relationships, and traffic. Sometimes, though, incredible stress can come from unexpected accidents that leave you injured. After an injury, you face medical bills, lost wages, and a host of other hardships.
If you’re struggling to recover from your injury and its effects on your life, there is hope. You can file a personal injury claim against the person responsible for the accident that injured you.
Simply filing a claim won’t automatically translate to compensation, however. You’ll need to support your story with strong evidence and avoid the traps set by insurance companies and the other party’s lawyers.
For help getting the compensation you need, get in touch with a Roy personal injury lawyer at Craig Swapp & Associates.
Common Types of Personal Injury Cases
Personal injury cases can stem from a wide variety of incidents. No matter the type of accident you suffered, your Roy accident injury lawyer should be able to help you pursue compensation.
The following are some common types of personal injury cases:
- Vehicle Accidents – Car accidents are among the most common causes of injury and, therefore, often lead to personal injury claims. Depending on the circumstances of your accident and injuries, you might be able to name in your claim another driver, a parts manufacturer, or a government entity tasked with keeping the roads safe. You may also be able to pursue compensation after truck and motorcycle accidents.
- Slip-and-Fall Cases – Those who own property have a legal responsibility to keep their premises safe at all times. That applies to the ground you’re walking on. If you sustained an injury at a business or residence because of a slippery floor, you may have a viable claim.
- Dog Bites – In Utah, the dog owner is responsible whenever his or her dog bites somebody, even if it’s the pet’s first time exhibiting this behavior.
- Product Liability – Before they’re released to consumers, products must undergo safety testing and be approved for use. If a product slipped through the cracks and injured you when you were using it as intended, you might be able to pursue compensation from the manufacturer.
- Medical Malpractice – If your injury or illness worsens because a healthcare practitioner acted negligently or carelessly, you might be able to hold that party accountable by filing a medical malpractice claim
Deadlines for Personal Injury Cases
One essential thing to understand before filing a case is the time you have to do anything about your injury.
While the statute of limitations is different in various states, Utah gives you four years to file a personal injury claim.
Your Roy injury lawyer will make sure all your paperwork is filed on time, but the sooner you bring your case to your attorney’s attention, the more time he or she will have to build you a strong claim.
Contact a Roy Personal Injury Attorney
You need to hold the person responsible for your injuries accountable so you can receive the compensation you need for your recovery. We can help you do that.
The attorneys at Craig Swapp & Associates have years of experience with all kinds of personal injury claims. We’ll help you identify who was at fault, how your injuries will affect your life, and the value of your claim. Then, we’ll fight for the compensation you deserve.
To schedule a consultation with a Roy personal injury lawyer, call us at 1-800-404-9000 or fill out the form below.