Pullman Personal Injury Lawyer
Dealing with dodgy insurance companies and negligent parties by yourself as you pursue car accident compensation is only going to add insult to your injuries. Instead, allow a Pullman injury lawyer to handle your case.
Whether you’ve been hurt by a coworker, friend, or stranger, no one delights in legally implicating someone else, but on the other hand, it is a way to achieve justice while receiving proper compensation.
If you’ve been the victim of an injury, no matter its severity, contact a Pullman personal injury lawyer at Craig Swapp & Associates.
Personal Injury Cases in Pullman
It’s extremely important to properly identify the type of harm you’ve suffered when beginning a personal injury case. This information will determine the steps you and your lawyer need to take to recover compensation for your damages.
Common types of personal injury cases include the following:
- Motor Vehicle Accidents – Even as cars have become more technologically advanced, motor vehicle accidents have increased slightly in prevalence in recent years. This is perhaps in part due to the wealth of distractions available to today’s drivers, from Facebook to Snapchat. Washington prohibits the use of phones while driving, which makes it easier to implicate a negligent driver, whether he or she operated a car, truck, motorcycle, or other vehicle.
- Work and Construction Accidents – In a work-related personal injury suit, how you sustained your injuries often matters more than the nature of your harm. To win your personal injury case, being able to clearly identify the negligence of any responsible parties other than your employer is vital.
- Premises Liability – If you were injured on a property to which you were invited, you may have grounds for a premises liability suit. Your injuries could have come from anything ranging from a dog bite to a slip-and-fall accident. Your case will rely on proving the property owner’s negligence.
- Product Liability – No one expects to be hurt by a consumer product, but it happens regularly. Although it seems natural to blame a product’s manufacturer, other parties in the supply chain are sometimes found responsible. Product liability cases can come from nearly any product, ranging from cars to medications.
- Medical Malpractice – Should a doctor do more harm than good, you may want to consider a medical malpractice suit. A doctor performing an unnecessary procedure on you would be an example of medical malpractice.
Understanding Washington State Law
Before filing a suit, be aware of Washington’s statute of limitations, which is typically three years for personal injury cases.
This means that you must file any compensation claim within three years, or the request will be considered invalid.
Also be cognizant of the fact that Washington uses a standard called contributory negligence in personal injury cases, which makes it so that a plaintiff can still recover at least some damages if found partly liable.
A simple example would be an individual who is found 20 percent liable for his or her own injuries. He or she would only receive 80 percent of potential damages, should the Pullman injury claim be successful.
Contact a Pullman Personal Injury Attorney
It’s easy to feel alone and distraught after a serious injury, but you shouldn’t let that hold you back from getting the compensation you deserve.
Contact a Pullman personal injury lawyer at Craig Swapp & Associates for a free, no-obligation consultation today. Call us at 1-800-404-9000 or fill out the online contact form at the bottom of the page.