Salt Lake City Product Liability Lawyer
Nobody ever expects to come home with a product that that can cause harm. With thousands of products available on the market, there are inevitably some items available that have the potential to cause serious injury or even death.
From toys to electronic devices to medical equipment, there are a surprising number of defective products that have injured thousands of people. In most of these cases, a manufacturer, distributor, or retailer will ultimately be found responsible for the harm caused.
If you or a loved one has been injured by a dangerous product, an experienced Salt Lake City product liability lawyer from Craig Swapp & Associates can help you recover the damages you are entitled to.
What Damages Can I Recover for a Defective Product?
Every product liability case is unique, so it’s important to retain an experienced Salt Lake City product liability lawyer. After suffering an injury from a poorly designed or defective product, you may be entitled to damages relating to your injury, including any of the following that apply to your case:
- Medical expenses, including future medical costs
- Lost wages, including future lost income
- Property damage
- Emotional distress
- Pain and suffering
How Is Fault Determined in Product Liability Cases?
Manufacturers, engineers, and designers all have an obligation and a duty of care to ensure that products are safe. If a product is unsafe or defective and causes an injury as a result, then one or more of these parties may be liable.
Product liability laws are based on these principles:
- Manufacturing Defects – These defects occur when a product fails or causes an injury due to an error in the manufacturing process or because of hazardous materials that were used
- Design Defect – A design is defective because of issues with the initial conception of the product. If injuries result from a defective design, then the company that conceived it should be liable for the resulting damages.
- Failure to Warn – A product designer and manufacturer both have a duty of care to warn people about dangers involved with using a product, whether in its intended use or any other uses that can be predicted.
- If it is found that one of these elements is the cause of your injuries, a Salt Lake City product liability lawyer can help you both determine fault and file a personal injury claim against the liable parties.
Get Help from a Salt Lake City Product Liability Lawyer
If you have been injured due to a defective product, a Salt Lake City product liability lawyer from the law offices of Craig Swapp and Associates will fight for your legal rights.
We understand that you are not only physically and emotionally injured, but are suffering from financial stress as well. With compassion, experience, and skill, we are committed to aggressively obtaining the compensation you deserve.