Ogden Car Accident Lawyer
Utah’s frequency of car crashes increased from 2012 to 2015, and Ogden’s Weber County was third in accident fatalities. Sadly, reckless driving was often to blame, and negligence in any form causes needless suffering to innocent victims and makes the roads unsafe for us all.
Driver negligence is the major cause of injury and death on the road. This breakdown of 2015’s 275 total Utah auto accident fatalities includes some of the most common types of driver-caused crashes:
- Speeding caused 104
- Alcohol was involved in thirty-three
- Aggressive driving was blamed for sixty-four
- Distracted driving was indicated in twenty-seven
- Drowsy driving caused fourteen
Tragically, eighty-six adults and children also lost their lives due to a lack of seat belt, car seat, or other restraint.
If you’ve been affected by a car accident, an Ogden car accident attorney from Craig Swapp & Associates can give you the straight facts on what your rights are and if financial compensation from the responsible party might be an option.
Ogden Car Accidents Can Turn Deadly
When you’re involved in a car accident, your injuries can impact every part of your life. When the at-fault party or the insurance companies refuse to compensate you for those injuries, it can feel impossible to move on from the suffering you experienced.
Car accidents can turn expensive fast as your medical expenses pile up. Many people find themselves in a battle with the insurance companies just to get the coverage they need. Luckily, we’ve worked with people like you who are dealing with insurers who refuse to compensate them for their devastating injuries.
Below are some of the injuries you may have suffered because of your accident:
- Traumatic Brain Injury – A brain injury can impact your cognitive abilities, making it difficult to remember, focus, and do tasks that once came easily for you. Talk to your lawyer about any billings for this serious injury, including your medical expenses.
- Spinal Cord Damage – A spine injury can affect your mobility, making it difficult or impossible to work to pay off the billings for your car accident. Luckily, our lawyers have worked with injury victims like you to get the funds needed for a recovery.
- Broken Bones – A bone fracture can be painful, causing permanent damage to the bone. We’ve helped broken bone victims get funds for not just their financial concerns but also for their pain and suffering.
Smartphone Roulette in a Vehicle Accident
One of the worst modern-day habits of drivers is failing to put down their cell phones while behind the wheel: 10 percent of 2015’s car crashes had to do with cell phone use. Not only are drivers texting, but they are also using other phone features and apps while driving. According to an AT&T study released in May 2015, many drivers use their phones as often behind the wheel as they do in other situations:
- 70 percent of drivers use their smartphone while driving
- 40 percent check social media
- 30 percent surf the web
- 14 percent use Twitter
- 10 percent video chat
Who’s Liable for My Automobile Accident?
When you’re hurt, acting in a timely manner makes a big difference when seeking compensation. But that requires you to know who caused your accident. That’s not always a simple question, but we can help. We’ve helped hundreds of automobile accident victims like you.
In many cases, distracted, drunk, or drowsy drivers caused accidents. They may be expected to compensate you because they were careless with your safety.
But that’s not always the case. For example, you may have been in a trucking accident, and the driver was on the clock. In these cases, the trucking company may be the one liable for your case. If you’re not sure who’s responsible, talk with a lawyer about your case.
Dangerous Roads and Defective Parts in Wrecks
There is not always another driver to blame in a car wreck. Sometimes improperly maintained or unmarked roads or roadway hazards can cause a car to lose control. The same applies to automakers and defective parts and manufacturing errors. These scenarios are all examples of negligence causing accidents, even if another person wasn’t directly involved.
An Ogden car accident lawyer from our office can help you uncover the cause of your accident and determine precisely who was responsible. Once we know who was to blame, it’s simply a matter of collecting the evidence and building a case demonstrating their fault.
Utah Car Accident Frequently Asked Questions
Contacting an Ogden car accident attorney after a crash is vital so that we can gather evidence, conduct interviews, and negotiate with the other party’s insurance company on your behalf. We can also answer any questions you may have.
Questions Our Lawyers Often Receive
- Why can’t I just deal with the insurance companies myself?
- The other driver wants to settle just between us. Is this risky for me?
- What if the other driver has no insurance?
- What does it mean that I have partial fault?
- How can you prove a driver was negligent?
- What is the statute of limitations?
- How do I prove an automaker or mechanic was at fault?
- Does loss of consortium apply to me?
Hire an Ogden Auto Accident Lawyer Now
Is the pain that resulted from your car accident keeping you awake at night? Would you like to talk to an attorney about your auto accident, but don’t have time during the day to do so? We have the perfect solution. Now, live representatives are available 24 hours a day. Sun up or sun down, you can contact us and have a real person get your case started. They will ask a few details about your auto wreck, and even set you up with an investigator to carry out the next steps for you. When you need a car accident lawyer in Ogden and don’t know who to turn to, count on Craig Swapp & Associates.
The lives of almost 10 residents of Ogden are lost every year due to horrific car accidents. We know how scary going through a wreck can be for surviving victims, as well. With so many people living here, it is no surprise that auto accidents are happening every day. Never hesitate to call an attorney, even just for simple guidance on your legal options or what steps to take next. An auto crash attorney is waiting to hear from you at 1-800-404-9000. Give us a call today!