Kirkland Truck Accident Lawyer
To find out how a Kirkland truck crash lawyer can help you, give our office a call.
An 80,000-pound 18-wheeler barreling down Interstate 405 isn’t something anyone should get in the way of. Sadly, this isn’t always a choice accident victims have. The damage to your physical health is obvious. The damage to your bank account comes in the form of medical bills, income loss, and other damages.
The people or businesses responsible for your crash should be held accountable, and you need the compensation they’re compelled by law to provide. To get a fair settlement in or out of court, you may need a Kirkland truck accident lawyer on your side.
Contact Craig Swapp & Associates. We have everything you’ll need to prove cause, fault, and your damages to even the least understanding negligent party or insurance adjuster.
Cause and Fault in Kirkland Truck Crashes
The trucking industry is huge even by mega-corporation standards, which means there are often dozens of companies involved in some way with every 18-wheeler and its cargo. The trucker is usually everyone’s first choice to blame, but something mechanical or otherwise not the driver’s responsibility might have caused the accident.
We’ll utilize expert testimony and other evidence to determine what the cause was, which will help us know who or what may be at fault. It’s possible that more than one business is to blame for your truck accident in Kirkland. It’s important to name every potentially liable party in your claim.
Common causes of commercial trucking collisions include the following:
- Distracted, drowsy, drunk, or drugged truckers
- Unsecured cargo, which could land in the road or hit you
- Impossible schedules that force drivers to speed, not sleep, or use stimulants
- Defective parts due to design, manufacturing, or marketing
- Mechanic, maintenance, or installer failures
- Another vehicle
- Construction company and construction zone negligence, leading to poor traffic instructions, exposed equipment, or spotlights directed into traffic
- Improperly maintained roads, including potholes, shoulder drop-offs, or uneven lanes
The blame could lie at any one of these parties’ feet:
- Truck owners or drivers
- Trucking companies
- Cargo loaders
- Part installers or mechanical technicians
- Another vehicle’s driver
- Construction companies
- Government road authorities
Injuries in Kirkland Big Rig Wrecks
In a truck accident, your injuries are likely to be far more severe than those typically seen in crashes involving smaller vehicles. And that means your damages are likely to be more severe, too. Brain damage and limb loss are serious possibilities in a truck crash, along with almost everything else conceivable.
Your truck accident lawyer in Kirkland will work tirelessly to assess and demonstrate your injuries and the severity of each. Physical and mental injuries tied to serious truck collisions include the following:
- Head trauma
- Facial disfigurement
- Neck, back, and spine injuries
- Broken bones
- Amputated or severed limbs
- Severe burns
- Internal bleeding
- Organ damage
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
Recovering Maximum Compensation
The responsible parties must attempt to “make you whole” through compensation, but you have to name your damages and an appropriate value for each in your Kirkland truck accident claim. Luckily, we’re here to help with this often difficult task. We’ll include everything relevant to your accident in your claim, which may include the following:
- Immediate and long-term medical costs
- Short-term and predicted wage loss
- Disability accommodations
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Physical and emotional therapy
- Property destruction
- Punitive damages
- Wrongful death
Reach Out to a Kirkland Semi-Truck Accident Attorney
Schedule a free, no-obligation case consultation with a Kirkland truck accident lawyer from Craig Swapp & Associates by calling 1-800-404-9000 or filling out the online contact form at the bottom of the page.