Walla Walla Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Unfortunately, many Walla Walla drivers put motorcyclists at risk by driving carelessly. Hold the driver who injured you accountable by partnering with a motorcycle accident lawyer.
Many drivers don’t realize just how vulnerable motorcyclists are on the road. These same drivers engage in distracted driving or other negligent driving behaviors, failing to take into consideration the dangers they put others in—especially motorcyclists.
If you were hurt in a motorcycle accident because of someone else’s negligence, you may be able to seek compensation for your injuries.
A Walla Walla motorcycle accident lawyer from Craig Swapp & Associates can evaluate your claim and get you the compensation you need to get your life back in order.
Common Causes of Motorcycle Crashes
Motorcycle drivers are difficult for some drivers to see, and they are often overlooked altogether. Here are some common causes of motorcycle crashes that a Walla Walla motorcycle injury lawyer can help you seek compensation for:
- Failure to Yield – This type of motorcycle accident occurs when other drivers fail to yield to an oncoming motorcyclist. Inattentiveness is a common cause.
- Improper Lane Changes – Many drivers simply don’t take driving seriously, and they fail to adjust their mirrors properly, signal, or check their blind spot before changing lanes—all of which can lead to a motorcycle accident.
- Tailgating – Often, reckless drivers will follow too closely to the car in front of them. When the vehicle stops suddenly, a crash is the result. If a tailgating driver hits a motorcyclist from behind, the property damage and physical injuries can be catastrophic.
Insurers Aren’t Here to Help
Unfortunately, most insurance companies want you to settle your claim for as little compensation as possible. They are more concerned with making a profit than with giving you a fair settlement for an accident you didn’t cause.
Because Washington is a pure comparative negligence state, insurance companies will try to paint you as a reckless motorcyclist who has little respect for traffic laws because then they can lower the amount of money they have to pay to you.
Under the doctrine of pure comparative negligence, multiple parties can share the blame for an accident. So, if the insurance company pins, for instance, 10 percent of the blame for your motorcycle crash on you, you will receive only 90 percent of the compensation you’re awarded.
But your Walla Walla motorcycle crash attorney won’t let them get away with it. We will handle communications with the insurance company for you so you won’t have to worry about being tricked into admitting fault.
The compensation you receive for your Walla Walla motorcycle accident should cover every expense tied to your accident. Below are some common damages for which motorcycle crash victims receive compensation:
- Medical bills
- Therapy and rehabilitation
- Lost wages
- Motorcycle damage
- Pain and suffering
- Reduced ability to enjoy life
Contact a Walla Walla Motorcycle Accident Attorney
Don’t let the insurance company or negligent party stand between you and the compensation you deserve after your motorcycle crash. Enlist the services of Craig Swapp & Associates as you pursue full and fair compensation.
To schedule a free consultation with a Walla Walla motorcycle accident lawyer, give us a call at 1-800-404-9000 or fill out the form at the bottom of this page.