Salt Lake City Truck Accident Statistics
Truck accident victims often research Salt Lake City truck accident statistics in an effort to make sense of what happened after the fact. After being in a wreck with an 18-wheeler, it can sometimes help to know that you are not alone and that others have experienced a similar situation.
As a Salt Lake City law firm, we can assure you that truck accidents are all too common and so are the serious injuries they cause. While we cannot prevent your accident, we can help to ensure that you have access to the medical care you require to recover, along with financial compensation for your expenses and damages.
Truck Accident Statistics
The truck accident statistics for Utah contain a wealth of information about accidents caused by 18-wheelers and the injuries and damages they cause:
- Accidents involving a heavy truck represented 6 percent of all wrecks in Utah in 2013.
- In total, there were 7,388 people involved in a crash with a heavy truck.
- Every 2.5 hours there is a heavy truck involved in a wreck somewhere in Utah.
- Truck fatalities represent 8 percent of accident-related deaths in Utah. This is significant when considering just how many more passenger vehicles there are on the road.
- Heavy trucks and buses combined only represent 3.2 percent of all vehicles registered in Utah, with a total of 68,188 registered.
- Truck drivers and their passengers are the least likely to wear a seat belt.
- There has been a 25 percent increase in Utah traffic fatalities in the past two years.
- Common injuries after a truck accident include broken bones, damage to internal organs, traumatic brain injuries, back injuries, and more.
Accidents Can Kill
The most common causes of accident-related deaths involving all vehicles on Utah roads are the following:
- Not staying in the correct lane
- No seat belt worn at the time of the accident
- Drunk driving
- Failing to yield
Your Options After a Truck Accident
If you have been injured in a truck accident, you have the right to file a lawsuit seeking financial compensation to pay for your medical expenses, lost wages, vehicle repairs, and any other expenses related to the accident.
Any time you have to file a lawsuit, hiring one of our attorneys is your best course of action. Otherwise, you can try to negotiate with an insurance company on your own in order to receive money through a settlement, but without the help of an attorney, you will not know if you are being treated fairly and receiving a good offer.
It is in the best interest of any insurance company to settle for as little as possible. They will often try to deny payment for certain medical procedures, discount your injuries, or even blame you for the crash. To combat this, we can help you gather evidence and build a strong case for why you deserve compensation.
Get Your Questions Answered
Don’t wait to receive the help you need after your accident. To schedule a consultation with Craig Swapp & Associates, call our office at 1-800-404-9000 or fill out the form below. We can answer your questions, discuss the next steps in the process, and work to build a strong case so that you can receive as much financial compensation as possible for your injuries.
Awards & Associations:
- Back Injuries
- Brain Injuries
- Broken Bones
- Common Injuries
- Common Types
- Distracted Driving
- Drunk Driving Accidents
- Facial Injuries
- Fatigued Driving
- Head Injuries
- Jackknife Accidents
- Lost Loads
- Overloaded Trucks
- Speeding Accidents
- Spine Injuries
- Swinging Turns
- Truck Accident FAQ