Spokane Train Accident Lawyer
Train wrecks are almost certain to leave you injured and in need of financial compensation provided by the at-fault parties. Find out how much your claim is worth and how to pursue it by speaking with a Spokane train accident lawyer.
Riding an Amtrak or other light-rail train is a convenient way to get around throughout Washington State. However, if you were hurt during an accident with one of these trains, you deserve to receive compensation for your injuries. A Spokane train accident lawyer from Craig Swapp & Associates can help you through the process.
Light-Rail Train Wreck Injuries
With around 2,000 reported train accidents per year, injuries in these wrecks are common. Any injury that requires medical attention warrants speaking with a Spokane train accident lawyer from our office. Some of the more common types we see are as follows:
- Concussions and other traumatic brain injuries caused by passengers being thrown against the walls or poles within the train
- Broken bones from sudden falls or the collision impact
- Spinal damage, whiplash, and damaged vertebrae
- Cuts, lacerations, and burns
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) and anxiety
Suing the Negligent Party for a Train Accident
Prior to filing a lawsuit, we need to conduct a thorough investigation into what caused the accident and who was responsible. This can be complicated with a light-rail or Amtrak accident because multiple parties could be to blame:
- Conductor Error – If the wreck was caused by the conductor making a bad decision, we must determine if he or she was solely responsible for that mistake. Was the conductor properly trained? Were there any prior safety violations? Were all the proper licenses in order? If not, both the conductor and the train company could be liable.
- Equipment Malfunction – When a train part malfunctions, we need to determine if this was a manufacturer error or if the train was sent out with a known maintenance issue. Parts wear out over time, and if the train company ignored the problem, they could be liable.
- Train Track Owner – A train in proper working order only functions well on a line that is intact. If it is not, knowing who was responsible for the disrepair or improper maintenance of the line will determine who should be sued.
The evidence that your Spokane train accident lawyer gathers will indicate who should be named in your personal injury lawsuit. It will also allow us to present a strong case in court demonstrating both what happened and why you deserve compensation. If we find that the conductor, train company, manufacturer, and maintenance crew all had some level of responsibility, we will name them all in your lawsuit.
Whether suing one or multiple parties, we will ensure that your rights are protected and that you are treated fairly at all times.
Money for Your Train Wreck Injuries
Once retained, we will assess the full value of your injury claim. This is done by calculating all of the ways that your life has been affected. We will include all of the following elements:
- Medical bills
- Current and future lost wages
- Pain and suffering
- Transportation and home expenses
- Caregiver expenses
- Any other financial losses you have suffered that are related to the train accident
We can then prepare a demand letter and negotiate a settlement on your behalf. If successful, you will not need to go to court. Should a court-rendered verdict become necessary, we have the trial experience necessary to present a strong case and fight for as much compensation as possible in court.
Consult a Spokane Light-Rail Accident Lawyer
Find out how much your injury claim is worth and get more information about the process of filing a lawsuit by scheduling a free, no-obligation consultation with Craig Swapp & Associates. We can help you determine if the conductor, train company, or maintenance crew was at fault for your accident.
You can speak with a Spokane train accident lawyer in our office by calling 1-800-404-9000 or by completing the form below.