Spokane Car Accident Broken Bone Lawyer
Broken bones are a common injury, afflicting about 6 million people each year—with many resulting from car accidents. A broken bone can significantly affect your day-to-day life. While most people experience timely and complete recovery, others suffer long-term effects from the injury and struggle to find appropriate support and treatment.
Suffering a broken bone due to a Spokane car accident can have a profound impact on your life, from undergoing time-consuming physical therapy to being unable to work and participate in physical activities. If you or a loved one has broken a bone due to the negligence of another, seeking the advice of an experienced Spokane car accident broken bone lawyer from Craig Swapp & Associates is essential to protecting your legal rights.
Types of Spokane Car Accident Broken Bones
According to the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons, of the 6 million broken bone victims each year, about 300,000 of these injuries do not heal with traditional methods. Based on several circumstances, bone fractures are classified into different categories: by where the fracture is located, its physical characteristics, and its severity.
Bone fractures are divided into four categories:
- Displaced – The bone breaks into two or more pieces that move or shift and are no longer aligned correctly
- Non-Displaced – The pieces of the broken bone remain in place and are still aligned
- Open – A broken bone tears through the skin. causing the bone to be exposed
- Closed – A broken bone breaks but does not pierce the skin
Symptoms of Broken Bones
The signs and symptoms of a broken bone vary depending upon the type of fracture and its severity. If you experience any of the symptoms listed below after your car accident, call your doctor and our office immediately:
- Swelling or bruising over a bone
- Deformity of an arm or leg
- Pain in the injured area that gets worse when the area is moved or pressure is applied
- Loss of function in the injured area
- In open fractures, bone protruding from the skin
Broken Bone Compensation
Broken bones might be common car accident injuries, but they can dramatically decrease the quality of your life all the same. A broken bone can make it difficult or impossible to complete your daily routine or perform your job duties. Any losses you experience as a result of your accident should be eligible for compensation:
- Medical bills and expenses
- Lost wages and income
- Pain and suffering
- Alternative transportation expenses
- Physical and emotional therapy
Consult a Spokane Car Accident Lawyer
If you have suffered a broken bone in a car accident, you may be entitled to compensation for your injuries. Contact the Spokane car accident broken bone lawyers of Craig Swapp & Associates. We understand how to handle complex legal matters to obtain the best possible outcome.
Our experienced injury lawyers understand that choosing an attorney to fight for your Spokane car accident injury claim is an important decision. We want to help you understand your legal rights and recover the compensation you deserve.
Contact us for a free consultation at 1-800-404-9000. Alternatively, you can also complete the form at the bottom of this page, and someone from our office will contact you to arrange a meeting.