Salt Lake City Train Accident Lawyer
Train wrecks often cause tremendous property damage and horrific injuries to those involved. To find out how to get compensation for what you’ve been through, consult with a Salt Lake City train accident lawyer.
If you were injured aboard a light-rail, Amtrak, or TRAX train, you can file a lawsuit to recover financial damages. The best way to ensure that your settlement covers all of your current and future accident-related expenses is to work with a Salt Lake City train accident lawyer from Craig Swapp & Associates.
These cases can be complex, and there will be experienced attorneys on the other side, making it critical that you not attempt to settle your case on your own.
Train Crash Statistics
Riding a train provides a high level of convenience when going to work or school. Typically, a train ride will occur without incident. However, there were over 2,000 train accidents in 2015 that resulted in 957 reported injuries.
Minor injuries often go unreported, so this number may not represent the full extent of national train-related injuries.
Causes of Light-Rail Train Accidents
When you ride a light-rail Amtrak or TRAX train, you run the risk of being in a train wreck every time you climb on board. There have been instances of trains going off the tracks, suddenly speeding up or slowing down, and colliding with a car, truck, or even another train. All of these scenarios can easily lead to serious injuries and fatalities.
Train accidents can be caused by any of the following:
- Conductor Error – If a train conductor has not been properly trained; is lacking in experience; or is fatigued, distracted or intoxicated, he or she may make errors that lead to an accident. This can be as simple as going too fast, failing to alert others of the train’s presence, or taking curves too quickly.
- Defective Parts – Trains, like any vehicle, have numerous parts that must work correctly to create a safe ride for passengers. If even one part is faulty or in disrepair, it can lead to a wreck.
- Issues with the Rail Line – The actual tracks can sometimes come apart, causing the train to come off the tracks and potentially roll onto its side.
- Other Drivers or Conductors – Trains often collide with other vehicles that are not following the rules of the road or paying attention.
Your Salt Lake City train accident lawyer will identify what caused your accident so that you can sue the appropriate party.
Multiple At-Fault Parties
An investigation must take place to determine who was responsible for your train accident. For example, if you were injured while riding an Amtrak train, either the conductor could be to blame or Amtrak corporate could be at fault for not properly maintaining the line or allowing a train to go out with maintenance problems.
In some instances, multiple parties may be at fault, and your Salt Lake City train accident lawyer will name each of them in your lawsuit so that you can receive the most money possible for your injuries.
Receiving Train Crash Financial Compensation
Our goal is to get you as much money as possible for your injuries. You may be entitled to far more than having your medical bills paid for after being hurt on a light-rail train.
A Salt Lake City train accident lawyer from our office can help you recover compensation to pay for all of your crash-related financial and noneconomic losses:
- Wages you have lost
- Emergency medical care
- Ongoing rehabilitation and therapy
- Pain and suffering
- Treatment for emotional trauma
- Transportation expenses
- Funds to retrofit your home to accommodate an injury
- And more
Speak with a Salt Lake City Amtrak or TRAX Accident Lawyer
Protect your legal and financial rights by speaking with a Salt Lake City train accident lawyer from Craig Swapp & Associates. We can answer your questions and provide you with sound legal advice to bring your claim to a successful conclusion.
To schedule a free, no-obligation appointment to discuss your case in detail, complete the form below or call 1-800-404-9000.