Roy Truck Accident Lawyer
When you’re involved in a truck accident, the trouble is just beginning. To get help from a qualified legal ally, contact a Roy semi-truck accident lawyer.
Any type of collision with a vehicle that weighs tens of thousands of pounds is bound to be catastrophic. It’s not uncommon for semi-truck and 18-wheeler accidents to cause serious injuries or worse.
If you’ve been involved in a commercial truck crash, you know how serious these accidents can be. And you know the aftermath can extend beyond your physical wellbeing and into your financial stability.
But you don’t have to just accept the consequences of the truck crash that injured you. If the accident was someone else’s fault, you can pursue compensation by filing an injury claim. And a Roy truck accident lawyer from Craig Swapp & Associates can help.
Causes of Roy Truck Accidents
Driving an 18-wheeler requires special training and a lot of focus. Even one mistake or careless action can lead to a horrific accident.
When you team up with a truck accident lawyer, one of your first steps will be providing evidence so your attorney can determine what caused your crash. That information will help determine who you should name in your claim.
Roy sees its share of semi-truck accidents, and the causes vary widely. Below are a few common causes of commercial truck accidents:
- Drowsy Driving – Truckers spend a lot of time on the road. Sometimes they drive for too long without sleep, despite regulations governing the length of their shifts. The trucker or trucking company could be found at fault for your injuries in instances like this.
- Impaired Driving – In Utah, it’s illegal to drive while you’re under the influence of drugs or alcohol. Unfortunately, drivers continue to engage in this grossly negligent behavior, and that includes some semi-truck drivers.
- Distracted Driving – Truckers shouldn’t be using their cell phones, talking excitedly with passengers, or punching a location into a navigation system while their 18-wheeler is moving.
- Mechanical Failure – Commercial trucks are large machines with countless parts. If one of those parts malfunctions and causes a crash, the manufacturer of that part or the truck’s maintenance technician could be held accountable.
- Road Hazards – Construction sites, large holes, and other road hazards can cause 18-wheelers to crash or swerve into other lanes of traffic. If a road hazard caused the truck crash that injured you, you might be able to name in your claim the government agency that is tasked with keeping the roads safe for travel.
Compensation You Could Receive
How badly you were hurt and how your injuries will affect your life are the two biggest factors in determining the value of your Roy truck accident injury claim. Your lawyer will help you list all of the ways in which your injuries are affected your life.
The following are some common damages for which truck accident victims receive compensation:
- All current and future medical expenses
- Vehicle repairs or replacement
- Lost time at work or inability to work at all
- In-home care for injuries or disabilities
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional trauma
- Scarring or disfigurement
Team Up with a Roy Semi-Truck Accident Lawyer
The attorneys at Craig Swapp & Associates are ready to help you take back the stability your truck accident took from you. We’ll fight tirelessly for the compensation you deserve.
Give us a call at 1-800-404-9000 or fill out the form below to schedule a free consultation with a Roy truck accident lawyer.