Renton Car Accident Lawyer
Make things right after your car crash by working with a Renton car crash lawyer to pursue the compensation you deserve.
The violence involved in a car accident is dangerous and often deadly. If you’ve been in a motor vehicle wreck that wasn’t entirely your fault, enlisting a local Renton car accident lawyer to represent your interests in settlement negotiations and court could be the key to your recovery.
You’ll find experienced winners, a supportive attitude, and the tenacity to take on huge insurance companies at Craig Swapp & Associates.
Causes of Car Collisions in Renton
Vehicle crashes happen all the time, and we have to find the cause of your accident to know who to blame. After all, we have to have a negligent party to name in your personal injury claim. We’ll thoroughly investigate the crash scene, the vehicles involved, their maintenance records, the other driver’s history, and any witnesses.
Common Renton car crash culprits include the following:
- Drunk, drugged, drowsy, and distracted drivers
- Inadequately maintained and inaccurate streets, signs, lane markings, or shoulders
- Hazardous debris in your path
- Mechanical failure due to defective parts, shoddy maintenance, and improper installation
- Construction zone errors like leaving equipment in the road, failing to indicate directions, or pointing spotlights directly into oncoming traffic
You can easily suffer a serious injury in an auto wreck. Some can be repaired, but many injuries will stay with you for the remainder of your days. We’ll make sure your doctors keep us informed of your injuries and the plans to continue treatment so we know exactly what to cite in your claim.
You might have suffered any of the following serious injuries as a result of your car accident in Renton:
- Head and facial impacts that could cause traumatic brain injuries, disfigurement, and vision or hearing loss
- Neck, back, and spine damage that may end in paralysis or nerve damage
- Large and severe burns that cause scarring and severe disfigurement
- Broken bones that can lead to multiple other complications
- Trauma to an organ or internal bleeding, both of which are deadly if not treated immediately
- Mental anguish, including post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
Calculating the Value of Your Claim
You need to pay bills and continue supporting your family, but if you’re recovering, those things can be difficult to do. We have to determine the value of your personal injury claim. Your car accident lawyer in Renton will make sure nothing is missed.
You may be eligible for compensation for the following damages:
- Medical expenses
- Lost income
- Disability accommodations to your home, vehicle, and workplace
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Loss of care, consortium, and companionship
- Property damage
- Punitive damages
- Wrongful death
Dealing with Insurers and Their Tactics
The insurance companies will do everything they can to minimize their responsibility to pay you. The only thing they care about is their profit margins, and they’ll take advantage of any laws they can, including Washington’s comparative negligence law.
This rule reduces your compensation by the amount of fault you share. If you win $1 million but are 20 percent at fault, you’ll only get $800,000. Insurers and negligent parties may try to make it seem like you hold more blame than you actually hold to reduce the compensation you’re due. Luckily, your Renton car wreck lawyer will know the insurers’ tricks and how to fight back.