SALT LAKE CITY PRESCRIPTION DRUG ATTORNEYS
News stories often feature a prescription or over-the-counter drug that have unintended adverse side affects. The consequences of these drugs can be serious, causing long-term or permanent injuries, or even death.
When a drug and its side affects are deemed dangerous, it is usually recalled from the market by the drug manufacturer and/or the Food and Drug Administration. In other cases, a “black box” warning is mandated where the side-affects are prominently noted on the packaging material so that the medical professional and patient fully understands the risks involved with taking the drug. However, these actions do not absolve the drug manufacturer for the liability associated with the damage cause to the general public. By law, they must pay for the costs associated with the injuries and damage caused by the dangerous drug,
Further investigations into dangerous drugs reveals that drug companies are liable for:
- Improper, inadequate or rushed pre-market testing that failed to reveal side affects or the full extent of the side affects
- Prior knowledge of side affects that were covered up or not fully revealed to medical professionals or patients
- Improper wording of warnings that minimized or hid the risks of using the drug
- False sales statements made in the manufacturer’s literature or other promotional materials, or statements by sales representatives
- Mistakes made in the manufacturing or labeling process
At Craig Swapp & Associates we hold drug manufacturers responsible for any unsafe or dangerous drugs that harm patients. Currently, we are accepting cases from those who have been injured by:
- Reglan (Tardive Dyskinesia)
- Fosamax (Osteonecrosis of the Jaw or Dead Jaw)
Because information about dangerous drugs is often late-breaking, contact Craig Swapp & Associates about any concern or question about a prescription or over-the-counter drug and any links to a possible injury. We’ll be happy to provide you with information about the drug and help you understand what your legal rights and options are. Contact Craig Swapp & Associates today for a FREE consultation at (801) 990-1919 or submit the details of your case on-line.