Cottonwood Heights Truck Accident Lawyer
As long as large trucks are on Utah roads, there will continue to be truck accidents. Fight back after your truck crash by working with a Cottonwood Heights truck accident attorney.
While all vehicle accidents are horrible experiences, those involving large semi-trucks or 18-wheelers are especially difficult to deal with. The immense weight of these types of vehicles significantly increases the potential for damage and injury.
Unfortunately, dealing with the aftermath of a semi-truck or 18-wheeler crash can require long-term medical treatments. And given the high cost of healthcare, paying back these medical debts can be nearly impossible. To recover your damages, it’s likely going to be necessary to file a claim against the responsible party.
Going through with a truck accident case and recovering compensation can be a difficult task. To help ensure that you receive a fair payout, enlist the services of an experienced attorney. A Cottonwood Heights truck accident lawyer from Craig Swapp & Associates is ready to help fight for your right to recover fair and full compensation.
The Causes of Semi-Truck and 18-Wheeler Crashes
Determining how your accident occurred and proving negligence is the first step in the process of filing a claim for compensation, but it is not necessarily the easiest one to complete. The details surrounding a truck accident may be unclear, and they could even suggest that multiple factors and people contributed to the crash.
A lawyer from our firm will work tirelessly to determine the causes of your commercial truck accident and attribute responsibility to the correct parties.
There are many potential causes of truck accidents in Cottonwood Heights. Listed below are a few of the more common causes:
- Distracted Driving – Texting, eating, cell phone use, or other distractions could divert a trucker’s attention and result in a crash.
- Hazardous Road Conditions – Objects blocking the road or deficiencies with the road itself may result in a truck crash
- Human Error – Truck drivers are human, and like the rest of us, they make mistakes from time to time. Even simple errors like forgetting to signal a lane change could lead to a serious trucking accident.
- Lack of Sleep – Fatigue can impair a truck driver’s ability to react to changing road conditions.
- Loose Cargo – Failure to properly secure cargo can result in it detaching from the truck and spilling onto the road, which can easily cause an accident.
Don’t Be Fooled by Insurers
After a truck accident, insurers may approach you with settlement proposals. Do not accept any of these offers without first talking things over with your attorney. Insurers are concerned with making good business decisions rather than protecting your health, so they will present you with intentionally low offers.
A Cottonwood Heights 18-wheeler wreck lawyer from our firm will ensure that you will not be manipulated into accepting such an offer. We will do everything we can to make certain that you receive full repayment for your losses.
Work with a Cottonwood Heights Semi-Truck Accident Attorney
The attorneys at Craig Swapp & Associates have helped countless victims of truck accidents receive fair and full compensation for their injuries. We’re ready to put our experience to work for you, too.
To discuss how a Cottonwood Heights truck accident lawyer can help you, simply schedule a free, no-pressure appointment by calling 1-800-404-9000 or filling out the contact form at the bottom of the page.