Coeur d’Alene Truck Accident Lawyer
If you need compensation to cover the injuries and losses caused by a semi-truck wreck, a Coeur d’Alene truck accident attorney can help you get the full value of your trucking accident claim.
The injuries seen in commercial trucking accidents are almost always serious and life-changing. Because these large trucks are so much larger than cars and motorcycles, an accident is all but guaranteed to have devastating effects.
Injuries of this magnitude should be compensated when the trucker or trucking company was at fault for the truck accident. This is a simple truth, but getting this truck accident injury compensation is never easy.
If this sounds like your situation, a Coeur d’Alene truck accident lawyer from Craig Swapp & Associates can help obtain the full personal injury compensation you deserve. We know how to investigate an 18-wheeler accident, and we can build the case that successfully resolves your personal injury claim.
These Cases Are Complicated
Unlike passenger vehicles, commercial trucks like semi-trucks and 18-wheelers generally have many different entities involved in their operation and maintenance. This can make identifying everyone at fault for a truck accident a complicated affair.
This is because any or all of these parties could be partially responsible for the truck accident. Because Idaho is a comparative negligence state, obtaining full compensation for your truck accident will require naming each negligent party in your claim.
Determining Fault for Your Truck Collision
Your Coeur d’Alene truck accident attorney will have experience investigating these types of accidents and injuries. We’ll be able to identify everyone who was at fault, no matter what happened:
- Distracted truck driving, such as through eating or using a cell phone
- Intoxicated truck driving, from either drugs or alcohol
- Unsecured truck cargo or hazardous truck cargo being transported without the proper precautions
- Fatigued truck driving from traveling too many miles without rest breaks
- Negligent hiring of the truck driver on the part of the trucking company
- Dangerous road conditions left unaddressed by the responsible government agency
Know What Your Case Is Worth
Aside from having to prove who was at fault for your truck accident, it’s equally important to assess the full value of your truck accident injury claim before considering any settlement offers.
Accepting compensation before taking this step risks leaving you with too little compensation for your truck accident, which in turn, would force you to pay out of pocket for truck accident-related expenses in the future.
Your truck accident attorney will work with both you and your doctor to determine what your recovery will cost, how long it will take, and how it will negatively impact your life. All of this needs to be taken into account when settling on a fair compensation amount for your truck accident.
Some common financial expenses that you should be compensated for after your Coeur d’Alene truck accident include the following:
- Any Medical Expenses – A truck accident is bound to cause serious injuries, and as you recover from those accident-related injuries, you’re going to rack up some medical bills. They’ll probably be pretty substantial. Your truck accident attorney can help you tally up all of your medical expenses and fight for every cent.
- Lost Income – You can’t recover from the injuries you suffered in a truck accident while you’re on your feet at work. You need to be in the hospital or at least on bed rest at home. That may mean that you miss out on some income because of your truck accident. Your truck accident lawyer will help you force the at-fault party to compensate you for your lost income.
- Travel Costs – If you have to travel to see a doctor who is treating your truck accident injuries, your 18-wheeler accident attorney can compel the other side to compensate you for your travel expenses.
- Vehicle Repairs – If your body is this badly damaged after a truck accident in Coeur d’Alene, your vehicle is probably going to be in even worse shape. If your insurance won’t cover the full value of your vehicle replacement after your truck accident, the at-fault truck driver or other party should.
- Lost Quality of Life – If your truck accident injuries damage your day-to-day life in any way, you should be compensated for that. Your truck accident lawyer can see to it that you are.
- Pain and Suffering – A lot of pain and a lot of suffering usually follow truck accidents and their associated injuries. Your lawyer can help you determine the value of your pain and suffering and pursue it in court.
- Emotional Distress – PTSD and other forms of emotional trauma are common after serious truck accidents. Your truck accident lawyer can help you get compensated for your emotional distress.
Connect with an 18-Wheeler Attorney
Craig Swapp & Associates can help you obtain full compensation for your commercial truck accident. The injuries and losses you’ve suffered are almost certainly serious, and you should be compensated for every last one of them.
Schedule a free consultation with a Coeur d’Alene truck accident lawyer and discover how we can help you put your truck accident in the past. There’s no pressure to proceed past our initial discussion, so call 1-800-404-9000 or complete the form below to get started.