Boise Injury Lawyer
No matter what kind of injury you’ve suffered, you deserve compensation if the accident was the result of someone else’s negligence. For help getting what you’re entitled to, turn to a Boise personal injury attorney.
Many types of accidents can result in many types of injuries. If those injuries are someone else’s fault, you should be able to receive compensation by filing a personal injury claim. Medical care, income loss, property damage, and many other expenses can add up quickly, so you’re likely to need compensation after you’ve been injured.
The difficulties of pursuing a claim are likely to be nothing compared to the difficulties you will face over the years as new symptoms surface and your injury-related losses grow. A Boise injury lawyer from Craig Swapp & Associates can help by advising you of your rights, the ways to fight the insurance companies, and eventually leading negotiations or taking the at-fault parties to court.
Types of Accidents
If your injuries are the result of an accident caused by another individual or company, you can seek the compensation you deserve. First, you will have to prove that another party was at fault, and finding the cause is an important part of this process.
Fault nearly always determines negligence, and negligence will determine the strength of your case. A few causes of injuries include the following:
- Traffic Accidents – These can involve cars, trucks, motorcycles, or even pedestrians, and you can take the at-fault driver, parts manufacturer, construction crew, or even the government to task for any negligence.
- Construction and Workplace Accidents – These usually leave you stuck with workers compensation, but you can hold any outside third party accountable for its part in your injuries.
- Premises Liability – This covers a large realm of accident types, from dog bites and slippery steps to uncontained swimming pools, but despite the type, the owner or management firm has a responsibility to maintain safety for any guest on their property.
- Product Liability – This includes faulty brakes, electronics causing fires, adequate directions, and poor product designs, which can all be held to the brand name or any member of the manufacturing and distribution processes.
Types of Injuries
These accidents cause many injuries, and the symptoms of those injuries are often terrible and expensive to deal with. The types of injuries you may suffer can lead to other consequences down the road.
Consider, for example, the following:
- Brain injuries can result in memory loss and reduced mental capacity or function.
- Spine injuries sometimes end in paralysis and constant and untreatable nerve pain.
- Broken bones will often hurt far into the future, long after they’ve healed.
- Severe burns may require multiple surgical skin grafts and cause lung damage.
The Types of Compensation
You will also need to know the value of your claim so you can get the most compensation possible. Your Boise personal injury attorney will work with your doctors, physical therapists, psychiatrists, and anyone else involved with determining your damages and the connected costs to maximize your claim.
This will also ensure that any inadequate offer is flatly denied and that negotiations will be conducted in good faith. Some of the things you can claim include the following:
- Immediate and future medical expenses of any kind, including mental and physical therapy
- Current and future lost income due to recovery and diminished working capability
- Modifications to your home, vehicles, and workplace for any new or exacerbated disabilities
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium and companionship, as well as any other reduced enjoyment of life
- Property damage, including anything from your vehicle to your laptop
Insurance Companies and their Bottom Line
You will most often end up dealing with the at-fault parties’ insurance firms, whose main goal is to settle for as little as possible.
Insurance companies may even use your own words and statements against you to heap at least some of the negligence and blame upon your shoulders. They will do this because Idaho uses a standard comparative responsibility statute, which will lower your compensation by the amount of fault the court decides you should bear.
For example, if you are awarded $100,000 but are also found to be 10 percent at fault for the accident that injured you, you will only receive $90,000 in compensation.
Have Your Case Evaluated
If you’re worried your request for compensation for your injury won’t be handled fairly, you should be. From reluctant insurance companies to negligent parties who won’t accept responsibility, you’re facing an uphill battle if you go it alone.
But it’s not all bad news. A qualified Boise injury lawyer with Craig Swapp & Associates will know how to fight back to get you the compensation you deserve after you’ve been injured. To start the process, give us a call at 1-800-404-9000 or fill out the online contact form below.
Awards & Associations:
- Personal Injury
- Car Accidents
- Truck Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Bicycle Accidents
- Birth Injuries
- Boat Accidents
- Brain Injuries
- Broken Bones
- Burn Injuries
- Bus Accidents
- Construction Accidents
- Defective Drugs
- Defective Medical Products
- Dog Bites
- Medical Malpractice
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Premises Liability
- Defective Products
- Spine Injuries
- Taxi Accidents
- Wrongful Death
- Personal Injury FAQ