A workplace injury that takes place on a construction site can lead to all kinds of stress and uncertainty. At this point, you likely have a number of questions that all need to be answered.

On this page, we’ve answered a few of the Boise construction accident frequently asked questions that we hear the most often. If you don’t see your question addressed, please contact us to schedule a free consultation to discuss your case in detail.


Do I have to settle for workers compensation after a construction accident?

If you, your employer, or a coworker caused the accident through simple negligence, then work comp might be your only option. If malice, egregious misconduct, faulty equipment or machinery, toxic exposure, or a third party were involved, you might have grounds for a personal injury claim.


What can I do if asbestos exposure gave me cancer?

Even if your mesothelioma developed years later, asbestos exposure means that you can seek compensation. Depending on your case, the asbestos manufacturer, your employer, or the building’s owner might be at fault.


When can I sue my employer for a construction accident?

You can file a personal injury claim against your employer when the company fails to carry workers compensation insurance. You might also be able to sue if gross negligence or malice were involved in causing your accident.


What are the “fatal four” of construction accidents?

According to the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), the majority of construct accident fatalities are related to four main safety hazards known as the “fatal four”: falls, being struck by falling objects, electrocutions, and being caught between objects and equipment.


What makes a personal injury claim better than work comp?

Personal injury claims cover a wider range of damages and can result in a higher settlement for injured workers. This includes both financial expenses and non-economic damages. In a workers compensation case, only your medical bills and a percentage of your lost wages are covered.


What are non-economic damages?

Compensation for non-economic damages is provided by a personal injury claim but not by work comp. They cover the negative ways that your life has been affected by the accident, such as pain and suffering, emotional distress, and lost enjoyment of life.


Get Help from a Boise Construction Accident Attorney

For additional questions or to discuss the details of your case, contact Craig Swapp & Associates. You can reach us by calling 1-800-404-9000 or by completing the form at the bottom of this page.

Schedule a time to meet with an experienced attorney to get the information you need during a free consultation. Find out how we can help you recover the compensation you deserve for your construction accident.