Ask An Attorney Monday: How Much Insurance Do I Need? | Craig Swapp & Associates
Touch Below for a free case review
Craig Swapp and Associates Free Consultation
Craig Swapp and Associates Free Consultation
Slide 1 Slide 2 Slide 3 Slide 4 Slide 5 Slide 6 Slide 7 Slide 8 Slide 9 Slide 10 Slide 11 Slide 12 Slide 13 Slide 14 Slide 15 Slide 16 Slide 17 Slide 18

How much insurance do I need?

Attorney Randall Bunnell Answers : You should have sufficient liability coverage to protect the general public from any damage or injuries that you may cause. Because you cannot predict the severity of a future accident, you should have enough liability coverage to adequately protect you from the liability you may incur by causing a severe accident. We recommend limits of at least $100,000 per person/$300,000 per accident (commonly known as 100/300 coverage). You should also purchase uninsured motorist (UM) and under-insured motorist (UIM) coverage to protect you and your family from fiscally irresponsible drivers. I believe that recent studies have shown that as many as one third of all driving public are uninsured. Again, we strongly recommend 100/300 coverage for UM and UIM coverage. It is never a good idea to let an insurance agent talk you into waiving UM and UIM insurance – too many drivers on the road today drive with little or no insurance, despite the financial responsibility laws. Many states, including Utah, also require Personal Injury Protection (PIP), which generally helps pay for medical costs, lost wages, and essential services regardless of fault.

Craig Swapp & Associates
9980 S 300 W Suite 400, Sandy, UT 84070
Map / Directions ? Phone Number: (800) 404-9000