Ask An Attorney Monday: After an Accident, What Should I Do? | Craig Swapp & Associates
Touch Below for a free case review
Craig Swapp and Associates Free Consultation
Craig Swapp and Associates Free Consultation
Slide 1 Slide 2 Slide 3 Slide 4 Slide 5 Slide 6 Slide 7 Slide 8 Slide 9 Slide 10 Slide 11 Slide 12 Slide 13 Slide 14 Slide 15 Slide 16 Slide 17 Slide 18

After an accident, what should I do first?

A: Attorney Lee Peterson says after any accident, you should call the police to investigate the collision. As soon as you can, you should also contact your insurance company. If you have Personal Injury Protection (PIP) coverage, your insurance carrier should help with your initial out-of-pocket expenses, such as medical bills, wage loss and essential services. You may also have a claim for general damages for pain and suffering if you have sustained painful and lingering injuries. And remember that you have the right to competent, aggressive legal representation to help you deal with the insurance company and help you receive a fair settlement. Do not wait to seek legal help. Often, insurance adjusters will get you to make statements or sign documents that will prejudice your claim.

Craig Swapp & Associates
9980 S 300 W Suite 400, Sandy, UT 84070
Map / Directions ? Phone Number: (800) 404-9000