Spokane Medical Malpractice Attorney
We trust doctors and other medical professionals to diagnose our symptoms and treat our conditions. When that trust is broken and the best possible treatment options are overlooked or omitted, patients suffer. That suffering could last for years, if not a lifetime.
Medical malpractice occurs when a patient is harmed by poor treatment or negligence. Medical malpractice occurs when a medical professional does not provide treatment that is consistent with customary and acceptable practices.
Medical malpractice can happen in virtually any area of health care and often leaves patients struggling with medical bills, physical pain and emotional trauma. In many cases medical malpractice has destructive, life-changing consequences that can linger for the rest of your life.
A Widespread Problem
It is estimated that 98,000 people will die as a result of medical errors each year in the United States. When a doctor, nurse or other medical professional is careless or negligent and their carelessness or negligence results in an injury, they should be held liable.
Medical malpractice can be anything from prescribing a medication you are allergic to to leaving a sponge in your body after surgery. Some of the more serious medical malpractice cases we see at Craig Swapp & Associates are:
- Failure to diagnose serious conditions
- Failure to treat properly
- Misuse of prescription medications
- Failure to perform correct surgical procedures
- Failure to administer anesthesia correctly
- Failure to deliver a child without causing a birth injury
Elements to Prove
In medical malpractice cases, the court will consider four elements to determine whether or not medical malpractice occurred and whether you should be awarded compensation for your injuries:
- If the medical professional was responsible for providing your treatment
- If that person failed to provide the necessary treatment
- If an injury occurred
- If your injuries were caused by the failure of that person to provide the necessary treatment
If you or a loved one has suffered due to medical malpractice in or around the Spokane, Washington area, please contact the experienced medical malpractice attorneys at Craig Swapp & Associates today to schedule your no-cost, confidential consultation. One call, that’s all.